Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » The Great Lost Dogs (and related bands) Fan Tribute CD Project of 2006 (working title) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Great Lost Dogs (and related bands) Fan Tribute CD Project of 2006 (working title) 3 Votes - Average Rating: 9.003 Votes - Average Rating: 9.003 Votes - Average Rating: 9.003 Votes - Average Rating: 9.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BigDork
Old English Sheepdog

images/avatars/avatar-314.jpg

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

The Great Lost Dogs (and related bands) Fan Tribute CD Project of 2006 (working title) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Start Recording Your Songs!!!!

July 21 – some form of your song so we can start to work on a track list
Aug 19 – final versions due
Oct 1 – release date

Updated list as of 06/17/06
Please email me if there are any errors in this list.
BD bigdork@cox.net

Completed Songs:
Why Is The Devil Red? (Satanic Version) – The Radiant Dregs
Slow Spin – The Radiant Dregs
Songwork – Ping

Claimed Songs:
To Cover You – Swimsuit Grandma
Wide Eyed Wonder – larryl
Last Testament of Angus Shane - larryl
Harsh – wes berlin
Worldwide – wes berlin
Waiting For You To Come Around - =jb=
Mind To Mind – DwDunphy
If It Be Your Will – servantsteve
Wall Of Heaven – servantsteve
Moses In The Desert – jiminy, woggy and commander coty
Crushing Hand – Cynthia
In The Distance – MarkyMark77
Bullet Train – Steve Broderson
Ghost Train – Herringostarr
Dunce Cap – Jasooooon
Paint It Black - sevens
Closer – sevens
Chase The Kangaroo – Farewell To Juliet
I Am a Pilgrim - remixed by Schmiege
A Vegas Story - Herringostarr
Joel – Nato Vasquez
a movie thingy for Scenic Routes – Andrew Irwin
A Certain Love – Epistrophy
Miserable – Epistrophy
Built For Glory… - Theo
A Moment In Time - Nick

This post has been edited 10 time(s), it was last edited by BigDork: 06-17-2006 11:12.

05-17-2006 16:25 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Provision National
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-277.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

where does dorfy live? as long he or his version of the song isn't lame, i might be willing to lay down some exotic percussion for him. i've got tons of that stuff and i promise i don't suck.

- pnb

Experience the music.
05-17-2006 23:34 Provision National is offline Send an Email to Provision National Homepage of Provision National Search for Posts by Provision National Add Provision National to your Buddy List
Provision National
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-277.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

in what capacity will this be released?

i vote to actually have a screening process on what makes it onto the album. if it's good, it can be on it. if it's lame or sounds bad, then cut it. make this a good tribute album. there's nothing like telling a band "you guys have inspired tons of terrible musicians and vocalists all around the world".

the over the rhine tribute album that came out a few years back was ruined by tons of terrible renditions of their songs. the prayer chain tribute is remembered for the bad stuff instead of the great songs. bad songs destroy albums.

then, i would suggest choosing a charity to send the procedes to. maybe even ask the band on this.

plus, if it's going to be a real tribute, then it should have some good graphic design - once again, avoid the trite, lame and amateur.

if you do all of that, then this could be cool.

however, if your point is just fun and nothing else, then do whatever your heart desires.

- pnb

Experience the music.
05-17-2006 23:39 Provision National is offline Send an Email to Provision National Homepage of Provision National Search for Posts by Provision National Add Provision National to your Buddy List
BigDork
Old English Sheepdog

Thread Starter Thread Started by BigDork

you've obviously not heard the last tributes that we have done... Tongue

It's more of a fun thing for the fans and what little money there is goes to the band. There have been quite a few gems in these projects, and no song has been turned away yet (except for one duplicate tune).

For Lyrics Send.... a tribute to the 7s and Mike Roe
35 copies

More Negative Fruit a second tribute to DA/TST/Dogs because the first on was such a hit! almost 50 copies

dämb it - The DAmb Fan Album our first and most famous tribute to DA/TST/Dogs. Over 100 copies.

The qualitiy and talent vary from song to song, that is part of the fun. You never know what you are going to hear on a FAN tribute. Cool

05-18-2006 00:38 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
larryl
Collie

images/avatars/avatar-226.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Provision National
in what capacity will this be released?

i vote to actually have a screening process on what makes it onto the album. if it's good, it can be on it. if it's lame or sounds bad, then cut it. make this a good tribute album. there's nothing like telling a band "you guys have inspired tons of terrible musicians and vocalists all around the world".

the over the rhine tribute album that came out a few years back was ruined by tons of terrible renditions of their songs. the prayer chain tribute is remembered for the bad stuff instead of the great songs. bad songs destroy albums.

then, i would suggest choosing a charity to send the procedes to. maybe even ask the band on this.

plus, if it's going to be a real tribute, then it should have some good graphic design - once again, avoid the trite, lame and amateur.

if you do all of that, then this could be cool.

however, if your point is just fun and nothing else, then do whatever your heart desires.

- pnb

it's not anywhere near that fancy, j......it's all about the fun.........

crying in the dark

05-18-2006 05:57 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Cynthia Cynthia is a female
Beagle

Registration Date: 08-10-2005

Don't forget Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Myself and a couple of friends are kicking the idea around for trying something - maybe Scandelous Night?
05-18-2006 12:10 Cynthia is offline Send an Email to Cynthia Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Beagle

images/avatars/avatar-206.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2005
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! RE: Don't forget Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia
Myself and a couple of friends are kicking the idea around for trying something - maybe Scandelous Night?

Beautiful...

05-18-2006 13:04 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
mo_jojo mo_jojo is a male
Greyhound

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 06-29-2005

So what is this? You guys record your version of a song and send it in to be put on a CD? What do you have to do to join, and does it matter who your band is? I'll work on it if you send me the rules. I know some guys who know some guys.

05-23-2006 00:57 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
BigDork
Old English Sheepdog

rules?

you want rules?

I am going to have to make a more complete list of who is doing who soon.

Not much in the way of rules...

June 16 – song selection due, send me an email bigdork@cox.net
Oct 1 – release date

Submittal Preferences:

1) Burn the wave file to CD and send it in the mail – this is the best way to keep the quality the same. If you can send the actual .wav file along that would be good too. (make sure to send both just in case my program isn’t compatible with your wave program.)

2) Send as an MP3 – the higher the bit rate the better… some people have complained about loss of quality (going from mp3 to wave and then back to CD) so I recommend the first method for your final mix. Send an Email or I could download from your website or I can set up a site for you to upload your song if needed.

3) Record onto cassette or video… not my favorite, but I can work with it.

4) Call me on the phone and tell me to hit the record button while you sing into the phone.

05-23-2006 14:21 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Old English Sheepdog

V

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by BigDork: 06-17-2006 11:11.

05-24-2006 13:09 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Old English Sheepdog

V

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BigDork: 06-17-2006 11:11.

05-30-2006 14:17 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Cynthia Cynthia is a female
Beagle

Registration Date: 08-10-2005

BD - We're going to be doing Crushing Hand now instead. I guess Beautiful Scandelous Night is technically a cover song - so it was vetoed. oh well. Smile
06-02-2006 14:26 Cynthia is offline Send an Email to Cynthia Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
BigDork
Old English Sheepdog

see below

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BigDork: 06-09-2006 09:27.

06-02-2006 14:30 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Old English Sheepdog

V

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BigDork: 06-17-2006 11:11.

06-09-2006 09:27 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Old English Sheepdog

V

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BigDork: 06-17-2006 11:10.

06-15-2006 12:23 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Old English Sheepdog

Start Recording Your Songs!!!!

Oct 1 – release date

Updated list as of 06/17/06
Please email me if there are any errors in this list.
BD bigdork@cox.net

Completed Songs:
Why Is The Devil Red? (Satanic Version) – The Radiant Dregs
Slow Spin – The Radiant Dregs
Songwork – Ping

Claimed Songs:
To Cover You – Swimsuit Grandma
Wide Eyed Wonder – larryl
Last Testament of Angus Shane - larryl
Harsh – wes berlin
Worldwide – wes berlin
Waiting For You To Come Around - =jb=
Mind To Mind – DwDunphy
If It Be Your Will – servantsteve
Wall Of Heaven – servantsteve
Moses In The Desert – jiminy, woggy and commander coty
Crushing Hand – Cynthia
In The Distance – MarkyMark77
Bullet Train – Steve Broderson
Ghost Train – Herringostarr
Dunce Cap – Jasooooon
Paint It Black - sevens
Closer – sevens
Chase The Kangaroo – Farewell To Juliet
I Am a Pilgrim - remixed by Schmiege
A Vegas Story - Herringostarr
Joel – Nato Vasquez
a movie thingy for Scenic Routes – Andrew Irwin
A Certain Love – Epistrophy
Miserable – Epistrophy
Built For Glory… - Theo
A Moment In Time - Nick

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BigDork: 06-17-2006 11:13.

06-17-2006 11:10 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
weeney dog weeney dog is a male
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-228.gif

Registration Date: 06-21-2006
Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

Why is the devil red Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I had a nightmare recently where when I woke up in a panic I could see a red face in the dark around the middle of the room with lots of swirlies (not eddies) flying around in my field of vision, all of which faded away as I woke up more...

-really! it was creepy and kinda cool-

but someone's already nabbed that'n so I'll hafta pick another.

--Mark Twain
06-21-2006 15:34 weeney dog is offline Send an Email to weeney dog Homepage of weeney dog Search for Posts by weeney dog Add weeney dog to your Buddy List
BigDork
Old English Sheepdog

Tongue

06-22-2006 00:43 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Candy Candy is a female
Dachshund

Registration Date: 06-18-2006

dorf is satanic.

06-22-2006 02:02 Candy is offline Send an Email to Candy Search for Posts by Candy Add Candy to your Buddy List
BigDork
Old English Sheepdog

The standard has been set!

I just heard a rough mix of Bullet Train by Steve Broderson.

Very nice!

Between this and Why Is the Devil Red by Dorfy we have a great start! Not to mention Cindy's voice on Slow Spin! Cool Cool Cool

The rest of you need to get busy! =)

BD

06-22-2006 23:22 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » The Great Lost Dogs (and related bands) Fan Tribute CD Project of 2006 (working title)

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH