Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Lost Dogs - Island Dreams » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs - Island Dreams 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.004 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by pmac
[quote]Originally posted by Audiori J

... on the other hand, "Grace is the Smell of Rain" still has my scratching my head... Confused

Its inspired by Frederick Buechner's "Wishful Thinking", quirky odd but beautiful song.
07-21-2005 02:22
DaLe DaLe is a male
Beagle

images/avatars/avatar-206.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2005
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! Good catch there BoXDuDe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
quote:
Originally posted by boxdude
If you are familiar with any of the old Sirgio "Spagetti Westerns" like The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, this album sounds very familiar to that sound. Even though it has that carribian, hawaii sound, it is a Western movie score underneath the "Island" facad. Pleased

well... maybe a little.
but, now that you bring it up Cool
I actually just watched The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, last night.
great music! the strings, the flute sounding thing, & the bright twangy guitar Smile ) I could really see the DoGS do something MoRe like that.
Very Good catch there BoXDuDe Cool

well I have just listened to some Ennio Morricone TuNeS Pleased
BoXDuDe is correct Cool
Sergio Leone & Ennio Morricone worked together on a FeW movies : "Spagetti Westerns"
A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly,
Once Upon a Time in the West, Once Upon a Time in America...

Morricone recently worked on Kill Bill: Vol. 1 & Vol. 2
Doctor Love says this Pleased
...and for their tolerance of our new 'jyp show' instrumental album. We simply love this record and we sincerely hope that everyone else does too and will receive it in the spirit in which it was made. I personally think it's one of the coolest things we've ever done, and hope that some of it will make the soundtrack to Kill Bill 3!

07-22-2005 09:19 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
boxdude boxdude is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 06-15-2005

Thanks, nnow if I only had a horse Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have the movie script for almost every song now. I have the camera, I just need the horse. I love this stuff!
07-29-2005 18:56 boxdude is offline Send an Email to boxdude Search for Posts by boxdude Add boxdude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of boxdude: cspinc1
Velour100 Velour100 is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 07-30-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, I'm new to this forum. I just arived today. Anyway, a lot good thoughts about the new album, but I still don't know wich songs are on it?

I ordered it recently through the internet store of The Dogs, but I haven't received it yet. It's more then a week from then now. It mostly takes about a week to sent a package from the US to Europe.. But can someone can give me some more details about this new record?

07-30-2005 03:58 Velour100 is offline Send an Email to Velour100 Homepage of Velour100 Search for Posts by Velour100 Add Velour100 to your Buddy List
Kula Bocca
Golden Retriever

images/avatars/avatar-45.gif

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Velour100
Well, I'm new to this forum. I just arived today. Anyway, a lot good thoughts about the new album, but I still don't know wich songs are on it?

I ordered it recently through the internet store of The Dogs, but I haven't received it yet. It's more then a week from then now. It mostly takes about a week to sent a package from the US to Europe.. But can someone can give me some more details about this new record?

I mail dozens of packages every week and I have noticed that my international orders are taking much longer than they used to. I would give it at least another week. Velour 100 is a great band. Do listen to "His Name Is Alive" too?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kula Bocca: 07-30-2005 11:39.

07-30-2005 11:35 Kula Bocca is offline Send an Email to Kula Bocca Homepage of Kula Bocca Search for Posts by Kula Bocca Add Kula Bocca to your Buddy List
Alex Alex is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-147.jpg

Registration Date: 07-18-2005

quote:

I once waited three months for a CD from the USA; the new record is all instrumental with a few non- lyric female vocals. It sounds like Roe/Harmons "Daydream" was going to Hawaii and having some cocktails with Ennio Morricone. Relaxing.

Alex

Bis die Hölle gefriert: www.freak-alex-band.com

07-30-2005 13:56 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
Kula Bocca
Golden Retriever

I've been waiting for a long time for a book from Japan Crying I still need to order the new Dogs CD BTW Big Grin

07-30-2005 14:34 Kula Bocca is offline Send an Email to Kula Bocca Homepage of Kula Bocca Search for Posts by Kula Bocca Add Kula Bocca to your Buddy List
Miniature Poodle

Thanks for you're reaction, Kula Bocca!! I just have to wait another week then..

07-30-2005 15:47 Velour100 is offline Send an Email to Velour100 Homepage of Velour100 Search for Posts by Velour100 Add Velour100 to your Buddy List
Miniature Poodle

And thanks for you're reaction too Alex. I do have Daydream and I love the sound of that cd very much. Anyway, I hope that I don't have to wait for 3 month for that cd will arrive.. Today I listend to an older album of the Dogs, Green Room Serenade (prt ONE)

And to Kula Bocca once again, yes I still listen to Velour100 but I've never heard of His Name Is Alive...:-( But I will find out soon!

07-30-2005 15:51 Velour100 is offline Send an Email to Velour100 Homepage of Velour100 Search for Posts by Velour100 Add Velour100 to your Buddy List
Kula Bocca
Golden Retriever

quote:
And thanks for you're reaction too Alex. I do have Daydream and I love the sound of that cd very much. Anyway, I hope that I don't have to wait for 3 month for that cd will arrive.. Today I listend to an older album of the Dogs, Green Room Serenade (prt ONE)

And to Kula Bocca once again, yes I still listen to Velour100 but I've never heard of His Name Is Alive...:-( But I will find out soon!

"His Name Is Alive" is Velour 100 before they were Velour 100. I really like their early stuff Tongue

07-30-2005 17:26 Kula Bocca is offline Send an Email to Kula Bocca Homepage of Kula Bocca Search for Posts by Kula Bocca Add Kula Bocca to your Buddy List
Kula Bocca
Golden Retriever

You should probably listen before you buy anything but Livonia is my favorite His Name Is Alive CD.

And now back to Island Dreams conversation Big Grin

07-30-2005 17:33 Kula Bocca is offline Send an Email to Kula Bocca Homepage of Kula Bocca Search for Posts by Kula Bocca Add Kula Bocca to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Golden Retriever

images/avatars/avatar-274.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

I just posted this to the DA forum...
This is my small take on Island Dreams......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
I just got my 1st listen this weekend. It is a tremendous musical departure. If you didn't know it was the Lost Dogs, you would never guess. Hindalong's (Whore-of-Babylon's) percussive efforts reminded me of the ATFOTC sounds. Musically, it is incredible. I have a feeling that Daugherty (Deuteronomy) had more input into this than maybe any of the previous works. It's a very enjoyable listen. They had much fun with sound themselves.
08-01-2005 11:40 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
over
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 07-18-2005

a collegiate interpretation Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

R - A ...... ray

R - E ...... ree

R - I ...... ricky-ri

R - O ...... roe

riki tiki ri ro

R - U ..... roo

riki tiki ri ro roooooooo.
08-03-2005 10:35 over is offline Send an Email to over Search for Posts by over Add over to your Buddy List
Jace Jace is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-62.jpg

Registration Date: 03-29-2005

I just ordered the new cd. For $15, I'll buy it no matter how good or bad it is, to support the band Pleased

08-03-2005 11:47 Jace is offline Send an Email to Jace Search for Posts by Jace Add Jace to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Golden Retriever

images/avatars/avatar-274.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

I think you'll like it. There's a ton of instruments you'll hear that ain't on anything else.
08-03-2005 17:17 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
mo_jojo mo_jojo is a male
Greyhound

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 06-29-2005

Just listened to it today for the first time in a while. Still don't care for the wiki-tiki part, but found that I like track 8 (or is it 10) the best. It's the fast one with the percussionist hitting some pipes with a muffled hammer or something in the background.

Overall, I like tracks 1, 8, and 10. The guitar on 1 sounds like a koto, which really gives it a nice Oriental feel. I don't recall what I liked about the other 2 tracks (I'm getting old) except what I mentioned about the fast one. That track sounds the most Hawaiian to me as well. I appreciate all the songs, don't get me wrong, but these 3 are the best in my opinion. I had to get out some of my older Ryuichi Sakamoto Cd's, and especially NEO GEO, for a listen.

08-04-2005 00:05 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Scottish Terrier

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Miss Sakamoto??? Good, heavens, she's BEAUTIFUL!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 08-04-2005 08:59.

08-04-2005 08:58 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Collie

images/avatars/avatar-229.jpg

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

good, relaxing stuff! Cool

carman is a good artist! he's made me smile on many an ocasion with his wit and his fun songs. it horrifys me to see all you people bagging on the man. this bord is almost to much for me. i wonder if i've stumbled into a pit of despair! ~tOr
08-04-2005 15:16 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
trcf trcf is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-257.jpg

RE: a collegiate interpretation Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by over
R - A ...... ray

R - E ...... ree

R - I ...... ricky-ri

R - O ...... roe

riki tiki ri ro

R - U ..... roo

riki tiki ri ro roooooooo.

Big Grin

Spread out!
08-04-2005 15:38 trcf is offline Send an Email to trcf Search for Posts by trcf Add trcf to your Buddy List
mo_jojo mo_jojo is a male
Greyhound

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 06-29-2005

Of course, you know that Ryuichi is a guy. But good heavens, his music is beautiful!

08-04-2005 23:55 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Lost Dogs - Island Dreams

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH