Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » Finding the Lost Dogs - Reflections » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Finding the Lost Dogs - Reflections
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Targuman
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-159.jpg

Registration Date: 07-27-2005

Finding the Lost Dogs - Reflections Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I hope you all don’t mind the cross post (I posted the email lists as well). I finally wrote up my reflections
on the LD show this summer. Warning: This is not a show review, but more a
retrospective of how I came to know about these guys through their groups
and their impact on my life.

You can read it here and feel free to send me your comments
<http://www.thewindrush.com/writing/lostdogs.htm>

Yours,

Cb

07-27-2005 13:20 Targuman is offline Send an Email to Targuman Search for Posts by Targuman Add Targuman to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Targuman: targumman YIM Account Name of Targuman: targuman2002
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2005

RE: Finding the Lost Dogs - Reflections Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey, that's a very nicely written piece... thanks! You did a nice job capturing why I appreciate the music and musicianship of the Lost Dogs over most other Christian acts.

Same show I was at, too. Cool

07-27-2005 16:25 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
Targuman
Miniature Poodle

Thread Starter Thread Started by Targuman
RE: Finding the Lost Dogs - Reflections Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Really? Same show. I was just lucky to make it! We were in DE at my in-laws for our summer vac and I was VERY excited to be able to finally see them in person! Tongue

07-27-2005 16:50 Targuman is offline Send an Email to Targuman Search for Posts by Targuman Add Targuman to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Targuman: targumman YIM Account Name of Targuman: targuman2002
Bret Bret is a male
Beagle

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

Coolness!

07-27-2005 18:33 Bret is offline Send an Email to Bret Homepage of Bret Search for Posts by Bret Add Bret to your Buddy List
jiminy
Dachshund

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Agree Mr Brady--a very well written piece, personal and true, and your r influences (i.e "the other taylor, Petra etc) were good steeping stones to the real thing.

I LOLED at the idea of how you felt when you actually got to talk to a member- I never know what to say either (three occasions now! ) - I'm a deer inthe headlights..

Big Love/Peace Out

07-27-2005 19:04 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Targuman
Miniature Poodle

Thread Starter Thread Started by Targuman
Petra, Steve Taylor, et al Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The funny thing is, I really do like old Petra, I play the old stuff fairly regularly (by old, I mean the first three albums, I am a sucker for an octave pedal on a guitar solo) and I liked Chegal Geuvara and other projects that ST worked on. I admire the man greatly. It is just that these guys stuck with me and grew with me (or I with them). But in that era these folks were SO different from anyone else, even when sounding like the Talking Heads.

07-27-2005 20:35 Targuman is offline Send an Email to Targuman Search for Posts by Targuman Add Targuman to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Targuman: targumman YIM Account Name of Targuman: targuman2002
dennis dennis is a male
Chow Chow

quote:
Originally posted by Targuman
I hope you all don’t mind the cross post (I posted the email lists as well). I finally wrote up my reflections
on the LD show this summer. Warning: This is not a show review, but more a
retrospective of how I came to know about these guys through their groups
and their impact on my life.

You can read it here and feel free to send me your comments
<http://www.thewindrush.com/writing/lostdogs.htm>

Yours,

Cb

Great articel! Good stuff there! Thanks for posting it! Big Grin

07-30-2005 10:11 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of dennis: dralphr34
mo_jojo mo_jojo is a male
Greyhound

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 06-29-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ditto.

07-30-2005 17:10 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
BigDork
Old English Sheepdog

images/avatars/avatar-314.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by mo_jojo
Ditto.

that's it?

that's all you have to say mo_mojo? ditto? Confused
i don't get it Red Face

oh, and I concure with doc btw. Tongue Wink Tongue

07-31-2005 00:02 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » Finding the Lost Dogs - Reflections

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH