Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » A Lost Dogs Primer? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A Lost Dogs Primer?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Geoff Geoff is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 05-24-2005

A Lost Dogs Primer? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just found out that the Dogs will be playing near here (in Clayton, IN). I'm excited to see them again after so many years. I play in my church praise band, and I've invited everyone to go, but none of them know anything about the Dogs (or anything about good Christian music, for that matter). So I offered to put together a Dogs Primer for anyone interested in going.

So here's my question. If you could only pick 10 songs to put on a Dogs compilation, which 10 would they be? I'm limiting myself to this number because I think that if hand people a cd with 20 songs on it, they're less likely to listen to everything.

The selection of songs should be representative of the musical and thematic range of the Dogs' music. Plus, it has to appeal to mostly 40 and 50 year-olds who think "Lord I Lift Your Name On High" should be sung one more time this Sunday.

I'd like to inlude some funny stuff, some mellow stuff, some rockin' stuff, some worshipful, etc.

Thanks for the help.
05-24-2005 23:18 Geoff is offline Send an Email to Geoff Search for Posts by Geoff Add Geoff to your Buddy List
Jace Jace is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-62.jpg

Registration Date: 03-29-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Check out the thread of 5 Favorite Dog songs below. It should help you decide.

05-25-2005 11:06 Jace is offline Send an Email to Jace Search for Posts by Jace Add Jace to your Buddy List
phreaq phreaq is a male
Scottish Terrier

images/avatars/avatar-15.jpg

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

breathe deep
cry out loud
bad indegestion
scenic routes
no ship coming in
wild ride
real men cry
blessing in disguise
built for glory
imagine that

05-25-2005 11:41 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
Geoff Geoff is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 05-24-2005

Thread Starter Thread Started by Geoff

THe only problem is that my favorite songs are not necessarily the ones I would put on the primer. In fact, a more interesting question than my origianal would be this: Which songs do you love but would NOT go on a Dogs Primer for this audience (mostly older church praise band singers)?

For example, two of my favorites are "Lovely Man" and "Free at Last," but those songs would probably not win any fans from this crowd.
05-25-2005 17:02 Geoff is offline Send an Email to Geoff Search for Posts by Geoff Add Geoff to your Buddy List
Jace Jace is a male
Miniature Pinscher

Freak's list is pretty good. His list would probably be ok with that crowd. The only one I'd change would be bad indigestion. Maybe substitute it with Rebecca Go Home.

05-26-2005 10:30 Jace is offline Send an Email to Jace Search for Posts by Jace Add Jace to your Buddy List
phreaq phreaq is a male
Scottish Terrier

images/avatars/avatar-15.jpg

thanks for the props jace...

I wanted to get Rebecca Go Home on there... it is a beautiful derri vocal.

I thought a "funny" one would be bad indigest... but probably not great with the "older" crowd (hey wait - my daughter considers me the OLDER CROWD!!!)...

any way if you stuck 11 or 12 on there... for fun - novelty tunes the older crowd might really appreciate I would

add...
close but no cigar (mike crooning like ELVIS!)
Jesus Loves You Brian...

~f

05-26-2005 12:34 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
Bret Bret is a male
Beagle

quote:
Originally posted by Jace
Freak's list is pretty good. His list would probably be ok with that crowd. The only one I'd change would be bad indigestion. Maybe substitute it with Rebecca Go Home.

Heck...I would substitute "Bad Indigestion" with "Good Bread, Good Meat, Good God, Let's Eat".

05-26-2005 20:47 Bret is offline Send an Email to Bret Homepage of Bret Search for Posts by Bret Add Bret to your Buddy List
Jace Jace is a male
Miniature Pinscher

Big Grin

Burp!

05-27-2005 10:15 Jace is offline Send an Email to Jace Search for Posts by Jace Add Jace to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » A Lost Dogs Primer?

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH