Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Recommendations on DA, Choir, Adam Again? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Recommendations on DA, Choir, Adam Again?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
phreaq phreaq is a male
Scottish Terrier

images/avatars/avatar-15.jpg

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by pmac
quote:
Originally posted by phreaq

...that definitely took more than a couple of listens...

~f

... and the ones that take more than a couple of listens usually end up being the ones that I enjoy more over the long haul... as opposed to something that I may think is wonderful on the first listen!

definitely my experience... patience and persistence yeilds the sounds that stay with me the longest...

04-29-2005 07:41 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
PuP
Scottish Terrier

images/avatars/avatar-39.gif

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pmac
quote:

...that definitely took more than a couple of listens...

~f

... and the ones that take more than a couple of listens usually end up being the ones that I enjoy more over the long haul... as opposed to something that I may think is wonderful on the first listen!

definitely my experience... patience and persistence yeilds the sounds that stay with me the longest...

Generally my experience, too. Especially with DFBB.

MBD, though grabbed me on the first listen. Not until the third track, mind you.

04-29-2005 22:09 PuP is online Send an Email to PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
bereal bereal is a female
Golden Retriever

images/avatars/avatar-230.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Scabhelmet
I'm sorry, but I thought Mr. Buechner's Dream was the weakest of all the DA albums I've heard. Maybe I just didn't give it enough of a chance? Is the general consensus here that MBD is one of their best?

MBD is the one album that got me started listening to DA. It is my favorite. Pleased

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Smile
04-29-2005 22:42 bereal is offline Send an Email to bereal Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Miniature Poodle

daniel amos - "m.b.d." is a great collection of songs. even if it wasn't the greatest bang for the buck it would still be great! a must own. of course i also love "darn floor, big bite"...who am i kidding? i love all there stuff starting with horrendous disc.

the choir - i am probably in the minority here but i like "kissers and killers" and "flap your wings" best of their stuff.

adam again - first and foremost is "perfecta" after that i really like "homeboys" and "dig'.
05-08-2005 03:06 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Recommendations on DA, Choir, Adam Again?

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH