Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Old Angel and the "D" word » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Old Angel and the "D" word
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
clanmcleod clanmcleod is a male
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-320.jpg

Registration Date: 05-15-2010

Old Angel and the "D" word Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Without sparking a huge debate on censorship and what is and is not a curse word; I am curious on why the dogs used the "D" word on two different tracks from the Old Angel album.
Dust in my Bowl
The babies they’s cold and they’s hungry
The wife cries she wants to go back
But there ain’t no back to go back to
The banks and the dozers made *** sure of that
and
Dead End Diner
Dinah’s workin’ at the Diner
And California ain’t much better
Same old deal in Bakersfield
They got the same hot *** weather
She’s been thinkin’ ‘bout her Mama and friends
And maybe goin’ home again
The fact that the band chose to *** the word indicates something.
Personally, the songs are great and the adjective may fit the song, but I was disappointed driving along jamming with the Old Angel and my 7 year old and the words came out through my speakers.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clanmcleod: 06-30-2010 22:52.

06-30-2010 22:51 clanmcleod is offline Search for Posts by clanmcleod Add clanmcleod to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Old Angel and the "D" word

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH