Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs 'Route 66' Road Trip » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs 'Route 66' Road Trip
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-293.jpg

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

Route 66 Road Trip, Roe Voice-over? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wishing I lived closer! Being in central NJ is not real conducive to traveling down America's Mother Road, but it would be worth the trip. We'll see if we can arrange a family vacation. Unfortunately, I highly doubt it, since we're not even driving to my hometown in Minnesota this year due to the cost. I will make a donation though!

btw, I found this as a link from the KCAA radio website (missed the "interview" with Terry and Mike, though judging from the comments on the 77's listserv, it doesn't sound like I missed much!):

http://www.route-66.org/

Tell me if this doesn't sound like our favorite Doctor! Doc - is that your voice-over voice?? Nice work if it is...

07-25-2008 12:22 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-293.jpg

RE: Route 66 Road Trip, Roe Voice-over? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

By the way, does anyone have a recording/link to that radio interview with Terry and Mike? I would still like to hear it if it's out there somewhere. Any interview/publicity for the Lost Dogs is a good thing.

Thanks...

Jim

07-28-2008 22:27 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
mo_jojo mo_jojo is a male
Greyhound

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 06-29-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Does anyone know any times for today's and tomorrow's appearances at Ted Drewes' and Meramec Caverns, respectively?

I don't want to miss this tour, but I need to know the times if I'm gonna show up on time.

Thanks.

09-16-2008 09:59 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
Fifi77
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-242.jpg

Registration Date: 09-13-2008

Ted Drewes & Meramec times Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Lost Dogs Myspace page shows 9/16/08 at 5pm for Ted Drewes Frozen Custard and 9/17/08 at 1pm for Meramec Caverns -- all dates and times are subject to change, though....they're encouraging you to check the GPS for up-to-date info; however, they are having technical difficulties with the GPS system.........quick, we need some peeps to put on the prayer pressure to get the GPS back to tracking the doggies!!!

Laters,
Fifi77

09-16-2008 10:10 Fifi77 is offline Send an Email to Fifi77 Search for Posts by Fifi77 Add Fifi77 to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Scottish Terrier

images/avatars/avatar-269.gif

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by mo_jojo
Does anyone know any times for today's and tomorrow's appearances at Ted Drewes' and Meramec Caverns, respectively?

I don't want to miss this tour, but I need to know the times if I'm gonna show up on time.

Thanks.

The website says five for Ted Drewes and 1pm tomorrow for merramac

09-16-2008 11:37 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Scottish Terrier

images/avatars/avatar-269.gif

RE: Ted Drewes & Meramec times Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Fifi77
The Lost Dogs Myspace page shows 9/16/08 at 5pm for Ted Drewes Frozen Custard and 9/17/08 at 1pm for Meramec Caverns -- all dates and times are subject to change, though....they're encouraging you to check the GPS for up-to-date info; however, they are having technical difficulties with the GPS system.........quick, we need some peeps to put on the prayer pressure to get the GPS back to tracking the doggies!!!

Laters,
Fifi77

Yeah, what FiFi just said!

09-16-2008 11:38 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
mo_jojo mo_jojo is a male
Greyhound

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 06-29-2005

I was gonna ask if the tour organizers had called ahead to be sure that the Grand Ave. Ted Drewes' location was open, but I figured that they had since this was a tour, afterall. However, when I got to the famous frozen custard haven, the sign was in the window: "Closed for the season after Labor Day 2008". I thought they stayed open until Oct 1, but I guess only the Route 66 location, on Chippewa stays open after Labor Day.

So I drove over to Chippewa/Route 66, figuring that they would certainly be at that location, but I was disappointed to find no Lost Dogs along the nostalgic stretch of Missouri road. : (

I'm sorry to say that a perfect Fall afternoon/evening was not filled with the sounds of the Dogs that I've come to know and love. Instead, I found myself taking the kids to the PTO-sponsored astronomy night at school. I'm not a happy camper, but I understand that things don't always go as planned on the road.

I can only hope and pray that things go better for the tour from here to Californ-I-A.

PS. Does anyone know if there is any new music being offered on CD on this tour, or any other goodies that I may have been able to purchase yesterday? I could use a new tshirt and stuff.

09-17-2008 07:42 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
BethJ
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 05-09-2005

For any of you who have missed the Dogs because they weren't where they thought they would be, when they thought they'd be...our sincerest apologies.

Yes the road can be a brutal thing, they are doing their best to keep up with the schedule, please keep checking the GPS for up to date information as well as their Myspace. I will post ASAP any changed to their schedule there. Since they are filming for a DVD/Documentary they really don't want to miss any sites along the way. This is a 'reality' show - so whatever happens they are taking it in stride. They seem to have settled into a comfortable 'place' after a couple of days getting used to the camping experience. To quote Mike when we hit a little flood on our way to a KOA outside of Springfield, IL "Hotels are the Interstate, camping is Route 66." Great attitude!

Tour t-shirts will be made available (in many sizes) after the completion of the Route. If you can find the boys along the way they will happily sell you one.

Thanks for all the prayers - THAT is what they need the most right now. Safety, inspiration and mostly for God to lead them along the way.

Here is the next video, enjoy.

Beth Jahnsen
Take 2 Productions
beth@take2productions.net

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BethJ: 09-20-2008 19:18.

09-20-2008 19:10 BethJ is offline Send an Email to BethJ Search for Posts by BethJ Add BethJ to your Buddy List
BethJ
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 05-09-2005

Times Changed Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Joy Junction Homeless Shelter time has been changed to 6:30pm and the San Bernardino McDonald's Museum on Friday has been cancelled.

If you were coming to the McDonald's Museum please try to make it out to the Santa Monica Beach party on Saturday.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BethJ: 09-21-2008 16:53.

09-21-2008 15:53 BethJ is offline Send an Email to BethJ Search for Posts by BethJ Add BethJ to your Buddy List
vlricha vlricha is a female
Dachshund

Registration Date: 11-10-2006

Route 66 Trip Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just got through watching the videos on MySpace and I must say the guys are looking and singing great. I can't wait for the CD and DVD to come out. Hope you are having the time of your lives. God bless you all. Thanks for making us a part of this. Tongue
09-23-2008 17:56 vlricha is offline Search for Posts by vlricha Add vlricha to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs 'Route 66' Road Trip

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH