Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Lyrics and Chords » New song tabs? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New song tabs?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Chihuahua

images/avatars/avatar-313.jpg

Registration Date: 06-19-2007

New song tabs? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There haven't been any new song tabs listed in a while. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of "Blessing in Disguise" especially. You guys who are good at this...can you post some more? Would love to see "Rocky Mountain Mines" or "Ditto".

Thanks in advance!
02-13-2008 09:51 UnderDawg is offline Send an Email to UnderDawg Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of UnderDawg: David Patterson YIM Account Name of UnderDawg: David Patterson View the MSN Profile for UnderDawg
Chihuahua

Thread Starter Thread Started by UnderDawg
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just updating this request. C'mon guys, who does this sort of thing?
04-22-2008 17:02 UnderDawg is offline Send an Email to UnderDawg Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of UnderDawg: David Patterson YIM Account Name of UnderDawg: David Patterson View the MSN Profile for UnderDawg
Nick Nick is a female
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

Protect my child Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was wondering if anyone knew the chords for this song and if they did it the same as Dylan's (I haven't heard his version Roll Eyes ). I can't find it on line anywhere
Thanks
04-22-2008 19:29 Nick is offline Send an Email to Nick Search for Posts by Nick Add Nick to your Buddy List
Chihuahua

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Try this site: http://www.thewikiguitarsite.com/BobDylan/LordProtectMyChild
I found the song there...
04-23-2008 17:11 UnderDawg is offline Send an Email to UnderDawg Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of UnderDawg: David Patterson YIM Account Name of UnderDawg: David Patterson View the MSN Profile for UnderDawg
JTode
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 08-02-2008

RE: New song tabs? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Rocky Mountain Mines attached in a txt file - read it in notepad, or use a mono-spaced font, to get the chords in the right places. I only charted one verse, one chorus and the spoken part, the other verses and choruses are the same. Enjoy :>

Attachment:
txt Rocky Mountain Mines.txt (2 KB, 524 downloads)
08-02-2008 17:18 JTode is offline Send an Email to JTode Search for Posts by JTode Add JTode to your Buddy List
Chihuahua

RE: New song tabs? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for "Rocky Mountain Mines". Playing it already.

I did change one chord though. In the chorus, you have G F# Em. To MY ear, it sounded better as G F#m Em. Small difference, but it made me happy!

Any more in your bag of tricks?
08-04-2008 21:37 UnderDawg is offline Send an Email to UnderDawg Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of UnderDawg: David Patterson YIM Account Name of UnderDawg: David Patterson View the MSN Profile for UnderDawg
JTode
Miniature Poodle

No more Lost Dogs at the moment, I'm still slowly discovering the rest of Mr. Taylor's brilliant work after being a longlonglongtime fan of The Neverhood, in no small part for his soundtrack.

You're sort of right, sort of wrong on the chorus - I made it a small f# to indicate that it was just the single note, stepping down from G to Em. Strictly speaking, the proper chord there is D/F#, which means a D chord with the F# note added on the E string (I hook my thumb up over the top). The change is too fast to play the whole chord, but there's time to put the note in smoothly.

What other tunes you want done? I'll have a go, but as you can see, I only show up sporadically. :>

Edit: D/F#, not D/F#m. :>

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by JTode: 08-27-2008 10:28.

08-27-2008 01:19 JTode is offline Send an Email to JTode Search for Posts by JTode Add JTode to your Buddy List
Chihuahua

Thanks. I thought the F#m sounded fine, but I'll take your word for it and try it your way. I've never been good with hooking the thumb up over the top. Can't seem to get a clear sound, but I'll try.

And since you asked...."Ditto" is one of my favorites. Care to give it a try?
08-27-2008 17:14 UnderDawg is offline Send an Email to UnderDawg Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of UnderDawg: David Patterson YIM Account Name of UnderDawg: David Patterson View the MSN Profile for UnderDawg
watercarving watercarving is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 07-24-2007

You don't have to hook your thumb on a quick change like this. You are basically just doing a bass line from G to E. Play the G, move your index to the f#, then play the Em. It will give you need. When there is more than one beat involved it gives you more time to play a full D/F# (with thumb).

09-03-2008 13:46 watercarving is offline Send an Email to watercarving Homepage of watercarving Search for Posts by watercarving Add watercarving to your Buddy List
JTode
Miniature Poodle

quote:
Originally posted by UnderDawg
"Ditto" is one of my favorites. Care to give it a try?

I would if I had it - what album is it from? Currently I've only got Little Red Riding Hood - if you gimme a couple of suggestions for what to get next, I'll get on it soon. :>
09-11-2008 21:43 JTode is offline Send an Email to JTode Search for Posts by JTode Add JTode to your Buddy List
Chihuahua

Since you have "Little Red Riding Hood", how about "No Ship Coming In"? And you need to get "Gift Horse". It's one of their best. Lots of very playable songs.

Thanks in advance...
09-12-2008 21:11 UnderDawg is offline Send an Email to UnderDawg Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of UnderDawg: David Patterson YIM Account Name of UnderDawg: David Patterson View the MSN Profile for UnderDawg
chazcaster chazcaster is a female
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 05-18-2007

No Ship Coming in is a groovey little ditty to play. It's in G and the main chord progression is G-Am-C-D. There's a great various artist acoustic cd produced in 93 by Gene and Mike Knott called Brow Beat. The Dogs contribution to the project is No Ship, to make it "acoustic" Gene just pulled the lead guitar and steel out of the LRRH mix. Now plug your Fender guitar into you fender amp, give it a little reverb, turn the cd up loud and yippie skippy for the next 3 1/2 minutes you're Mike Roe!
09-13-2008 21:19 chazcaster is offline Send an Email to chazcaster Search for Posts by chazcaster Add chazcaster to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Lyrics and Chords » New song tabs?

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH