Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Cover Songs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cover Songs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gingeflixen gingeflixen is a male
Chihuahua

Registration Date: 07-27-2007

Cover Songs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like many of the songs the Dogs have covered in the past, and I'd like to suggest some others for future consideration.

1. Jesus Just Left Chicago by ZZ Top
2. Jesus Hits Like The Atom Bomb by Lowel Blanchard
3. I Saw The Light by Hank Williams

Thoughts?
08-21-2007 17:04 gingeflixen is offline Send an Email to gingeflixen Homepage of gingeflixen Search for Posts by gingeflixen Add gingeflixen to your Buddy List
Rod
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 08-21-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oooh, here's a few right off the top of my head. I'd love to hear
the boys do:

He Turned The Water Into Wine - Johnny Cash
Flowers On The Wall - The Statlers
When Love Comes To Town - BB King version
08-22-2007 10:41 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Two Of Us - Beatles
God Only Knows - Brian Wilson
08-22-2007 11:12
Chihuahua

Thread Starter Thread Started by gingeflixen

All Things Must Pass by George Harrison
08-23-2007 12:32 gingeflixen is offline Send an Email to gingeflixen Homepage of gingeflixen Search for Posts by gingeflixen Add gingeflixen to your Buddy List
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-293.jpg

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

RE: Cover Songs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Eve of Destruction (P.F. Sloan/Barry McGuire)
Nowhere Man (Beatles)
Divine Intervention (Matthew Sweet)

How about a whole album of Lost Dogs covers, which could be titled "To Cover You"? Wink

08-23-2007 13:40 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Golden Retriever

images/avatars/avatar-274.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Suite: Judy Blue Eyes
08-23-2007 22:15 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-260.jpg

Registration Date: 07-17-2006

RE: Cover Songs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How about an album called "The Dogs in Black: A Lost Dogs Tribute to Johnny Cash"? Here's my choices...

1. Folsom Prison
2. Hey Porter
3. The Old Account
4. Man in White
5. Why Me Lord?
6. I've Been Everywhere
7. Rowboat
8. The Man Comes Around
9. I Talk to Jesus Everyday
10. It Was Jesus
11. I Call Him
12. God Will
13. Belshazzar
14. While I've Got It on My Mind
15. All Over Again
16. The Rebel - Johnny Yuma
17. I Walk the Line
18. The Wanderer

-Psalm 73:26

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Zudrak: 08-24-2007 10:30.

08-24-2007 10:29 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Rod
Miniature Poodle

I could go for that.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Rod: 08-24-2007 12:15.

08-24-2007 10:36 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-304.jpg

Registration Date: 06-30-2005

quote:
How about an album called "The Dogs in Black: A Lost Dogs Tribute to Johnny Cash"? Here's my choices...

Or, "Black Dogs" a la Zep's "Black Dog"

77's - 9/13/96, 9/17/96, 10/29/99; LOST DOGS - ?/?/1994?, 2/10/96, 5/24/96, 7/5/05, 6/29/07; MIKE ROE - 3/14/02, 6/29/07; MIKE ROE/MARK HARMON - 11/20/04 MIKE ROE/TERRY TAYLOR - 8/19/03; MIKE ROE/MIKE PRITZL - 11/18/05, 11/14/06, 6/29/07
08-24-2007 11:20 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Marti
Dachshund

"My Jesus" by Todd Agnew
08-26-2007 21:07 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
vlricha vlricha is a female
Dachshund

Registration Date: 11-10-2006

My Savior, My God (Aaron Shust). Actually the first time I heard that song, before I heard who was singing, I thought it was the Lost Dogs because of the lyrics.
08-27-2007 10:00 vlricha is offline Search for Posts by vlricha Add vlricha to your Buddy List
chazcaster chazcaster is a female
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 05-18-2007

When I heard that the dogs were going to do a track
on a Scilent Records various artist tribute to Brian Wilson
Ireally hoped they would cover Break Away.

"like a child or not at all"
09-04-2007 20:46 chazcaster is offline Send an Email to chazcaster Search for Posts by chazcaster Add chazcaster to your Buddy List
Rod
Miniature Poodle

Been thinking about this for a few days and here's a few more I'd like to hear:

Gotta Serve Somebody - Bob Dylan
Kentucky Rain - Elvis - Kind of a thematic cousin to "The Lost Cabin"
Without Him - Mylon
Why Don't You Look Into Jesus? - Larry Norman
Riders In The Sky - Sons of the Pioneers
Wayfaring Stranger - Degarmo and Key
09-07-2007 00:30 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
THX1136 THX1136 is a male
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-300.jpg

Registration Date: 06-27-2007

Devil's Bite - Todd Rundgren
It Couldn't Be Better - Ozark Mt. Daredevils
Siren Song - Alan Parsons

09-07-2007 09:52 THX1136 is offline Send an Email to THX1136 Homepage of THX1136 Search for Posts by THX1136 Add THX1136 to your Buddy List
trcf
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-257.jpg

wonder why - pfr
when he returns - dylan
all you need is love - the beatles
09-07-2007 11:13 trcf is offline Send an Email to trcf Homepage of trcf Search for Posts by trcf Add trcf to your Buddy List Add trcf to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of trcf: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of trcf: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for trcf
Joey T.
Collie

images/avatars/avatar-229.jpg

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha.......... Shocked

Tongue

carman is a good artist! he's made me smile on many an ocasion with his wit and his fun songs. it horrifys me to see all you people bagging on the man. this bord is almost to much for me. i wonder if i've stumbled into a pit of despair! ~tOr
09-07-2007 16:51 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Rod
Miniature Poodle

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Freebird
09-07-2007 18:24 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
Chihuahua

Turn Your Radio On by Ray Stevens
09-09-2007 10:18 gingeflixen is offline Send an Email to gingeflixen Homepage of gingeflixen Search for Posts by gingeflixen Add gingeflixen to your Buddy List
THX1136 THX1136 is a male
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-300.jpg

Registration Date: 06-27-2007

Second Hand Love - Pete Towsend

It's got the same sort of point as DA's Twilight Love though it may be a bit too much for the Dogs to handle. (I believe I am joking considering where these guys have been - to the grocery store, down to the discount store, Mall - all over the world.)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by THX1136: 09-22-2007 22:04.

09-22-2007 22:04 THX1136 is offline Send an Email to THX1136 Homepage of THX1136 Search for Posts by THX1136 Add THX1136 to your Buddy List
Chihuahua

A Workin Man Can't Cet Nowhere Today by Merle Haggard
09-26-2007 23:26 gingeflixen is offline Send an Email to gingeflixen Homepage of gingeflixen Search for Posts by gingeflixen Add gingeflixen to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Cover Songs

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH