Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-260.jpg

Registration Date: 07-17-2006

RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Big JimBy the way, I believe the "hair" Mike was wearing was a "prop" used by the church (for what I'm not sure!) that Mike borrowed! He will take whatever material he has available to him and use it as comedy material!

Thanks for sharing that. Hilarious!

My son's doing VBS this week and I haven't had a chance to go through my albums in order to jog my memory as to what the 1st encore song was. Hopefully, bubbaepp or pmac will remember? I have the set list written at home. I'll put it up here later on and maybe someone can fill in the one blank.

There were two guys there that are friends of a friend of mine. I'll email him, as well.

Lastly, I will try to post links to the Quicktime movies I made of the concert. The problem, of course, is that you'll have to imagine what it sounds like since I didn't know my mom-in-law's camera had no microphone. Oops.

-Psalm 73:26

07-12-2007 12:47 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-241.jpg

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Thread Starter Thread Started by bubbaepp
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow - this thread has really taken off!

Z - I remember your son now - I remember watching him give his pictures to the band members. Yes, the Roe one with the gotee was pretty cool!

Jim - I'll see what I can do about getting them to my church, maybe next tour. No, I wasn't at the '98 Roe show. Maybe it was back then when you got my email address - I can't remember. Or maybe it was off the 7s board. You did a great job and we're all greatful for it!

Now I wrote down the set list (I'll post if you want - I just didn't want to spill the beans for those who are still going to see them). But according to me, Breathe Deep and Knockin' were the encores. The last song of the second set was Elanor Its Raining - that was awesome! Maybe that's the song everyone is wondering about.

With regards to all the pics - thanks for the memories. I sat front row in front of Derri. I was wearing a blue Mets t-shirt and have reddish hair. I was on stage for the encores but I am blocked out by Roe - I was standing to his right and slightly behind him so I am kinda missing! Oh well - next time I'll stand in front of him!

07-12-2007 12:59 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bubba: I should've taken pictures of the drawings my son did. Perhaps the Dogs can scan them some day? Sad that I didn't think of that before M4 gave them out.

Anyway, here's some mute video footage from the concert. Like I said before, the camera I was using doesn't have a microphone, but I didn't know that. It was my first time using it. Frown When I get my own, I will make sure it has a microphone.

Intro to "Eleanor, It's Raining Now"

Eleanor Guitar Solo (on mute)

M3, M4, and more join the Dogs onstage

M3, M4, and more join the Dogs onstage 2

M3 & M4 join the Dogs onstage 3

M3 & M4 join the Dogs onstage 4

M3 & M4 join the Dogs onstage 5

07-12-2007 14:18 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-293.jpg

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This picture shows you who is who for the encore (including Arty's legs, heh heh)... This was the only picture I have of me with the band (besides the Polaroid). I look like a goofball (what else is new), but I'm glad it's out there - thanks pmac - hope you don't mind me butchering this photo. Smile You have some great shots in there...

Big Jim has attached this image (reduced version):
Lost Dogs Encore - whos who.jpg

07-12-2007 14:18 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Big Jim
This picture shows you who is who for the encore (including Arty's legs, heh heh)... This was the only picture I have of me with the band (besides the Polaroid). I look like a goofball (what else is new), but I'm glad it's out there - thanks pmac - hope you don't mind me butchering this photo. Smile You have some great shots in there...

Hey, glad to see the photo being put to good use! Even if it looks like you used a crayon to caption it Tongue

And thanks for promoting the concert, very much appreciate it!

07-12-2007 14:38 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

No problem Zudrak! Before the show, a friend of mine's son (who was helping out with load-in) pulled that wig out of one of the closets in the back room (where the band was between sets) and must have left it out in the open. Dr. Love knows what will get a good laugh. Gotta give him props, heh heh... Mad props... Big Grin

Hope you can get copies of those caricatures of the band back somehow - that's priceless - we could have made photocopies before your son handed them to the band members. Frown

Thanks for posting the videos too. We can always dub in the sounds from the records and pretend, heh heh...

Bubba: That's right, it was "Eleanor, it's Raining Now". For some reason, I was thinking there was one other one that was in there between "Eleanor" and "Knocking on Heaven's Door", but I guess not. The guitar work on "Eleanor" by Mike rocked! A friend of mine who came out who was not yet familiar with the band asked me "What is this song??" He thought it was one of the best songs he has ever heard - that is seriously what he said.

Wow, yes, this thread has taken off... Thanks for starting it. I've been a lurker for far too long - making up for lost time now, I spose... Roll Eyes

07-12-2007 14:47 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

Heh heh - thanks pmac - I'm definitely not a graphic designer - yes, that was pretty lame, as is my Avatar, lol - I used MS Paint to do that.

You are welcome - I had a great time doing it!

07-12-2007 14:52 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

Let me clarify - I had a great time promoting the concert that is... Putting the "crayon-like" captions in was ok, but not nearly as fun. Big Grin

07-12-2007 15:08 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

quote:
The guitar work on "Eleanor" by Mike rocked! A friend of mine who came out who was not yet familiar with the band asked me "What is this song??" He thought it was one of the best songs he has ever heard - that is seriously what he said.

Interesting; that song never really stood out for me when listening to it on disc, but hearing Terry talk a bit about it before the band played it, and then watching and listening to it live, gave me a better appreciation for it. The guitar playing, especially at the end, really did rock. Cool

07-12-2007 17:57 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

Yeah, me too. I always thought it was a good song, but it only really came alive for me hearing it live. Terry said it was a "modern retelling of the fall", I believe. Hearing my friend get so amped about it (hearing it for the first time) made me kinda hear it with new ears too. And yeah, Mike was definitely burning it up on that one at the end of the song... Cool

"No Room For Doubt" -- that was another surprise -- good song, but not one I would have expected them to play. Of course, who wants a predictable set list? There were a lot of twists and unexpected surprises that night.

God willing, our church will have the band in again someday. If I am able to do the promotion thing again, this show would be a lot to live up to! Each one is different and good in its own way though.

07-12-2007 21:22 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

Here's the set list that I wrote down. I am missing the first song of the encore, as I was about to write it when they began asking folks to join them onstage. So, the pen and paper fell to the pew as I made my way forward.

1) Imagine That
2) Bullet Train
3) Devils Elbow
4) (Swirling Eddies' new song)
5) If You Loved Here, You'd Be Home By Now
6) Get Me Ready
7) If You Want To
(intermission)
8) Burn It Up
9) Broken Like Brooklyn
10) No Room for Us
11) That's Where Jesus Is
12) Eleanor, It's Raining Now
(intermission)
Encore:
13) ???
14) Breathe Deep
15) Knockin' on Heaven's Door

If one of the Dogs or anyone else (crew, fans, etc.) wants to let us know what song #13 was, that would be great. Sad that I cannot remember for the life of me. I'm usually really good at that.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Zudrak: 07-12-2007 22:37.

07-12-2007 22:37 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

Thanks Zudrak! I guess it wasn't "Eleanor..." since that was before the encore. I'd like to know #13 too (I hope there aren't any superstitious people too afraid to answer it, lol!) We'll get it figured out eventually!

07-13-2007 13:18 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

Zudrak - I really think you have all of the songs represented on your set list, though I'm not sure about the order? I'm about 90% sure the only "non-Lost Dogs" songs that night were the Swirling Eddies new song ("It All Depends" was the name of it based on a look at the set list for Cornerstone) and Dylan's "Knocking on Heaven's Door" (I saw the sound tech really getting into that one, btw). I checked through all of the Lost Dogs recorded music - based on a look at that, I'm pretty sure that you have all of them. Is it possible they actually played 14 songs and not 15 that night? Bubba/pmac - keep me honest! Let us know what you think...

By the way, I think I can attribute my memory loss regarding what song was played immediately prior to the last two songs to the shock of being invited on stage to perform with the Dogs. That was a surprise to me like it was for everyone else (maybe with the exception of Chris McIntosh aka Grandfather Rock, who was at Cornerstone) and I'm glad I didn't know about it beforehand...

07-13-2007 13:44 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

quote:
Is it possible they actually played 14 songs and not 15 that night? Bubba/pmac - keep me honest! Let us know what you think...

Sorry, Big Jim, I'm drawing a mental blank and can't remember if there were 2 or 3 songs in the encore...

Confused

quote:

That was a surprise to me like it was for everyone else (maybe with the exception of Chris McIntosh aka Grandfather Rock, who was at Cornerstone) and I'm glad I didn't know about it beforehand...

When Chris introduced himself onstage, I thought the name sounded familiar; talked to him a bit afterwards and realized that indeed it's the same guy who's a fan of - and reviews on tollbooth.org -another band that's a personal fave, Iona:

07-13-2007 21:39 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
Sharon
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 03-26-2005

I'm seeing the Dogs this Sunday in La Grange, KY, and this thread has really pumped me up for the concert!!!

07-13-2007 22:43 Sharon is offline Send an Email to Sharon Search for Posts by Sharon Add Sharon to your Buddy List
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

quote:
Originally posted by Sharon
I'm seeing the Dogs this Sunday in La Grange, KY, and this thread has really pumped me up for the concert!!!

Sharon, you're in for a great show - let us know how it goes...

Jim

07-15-2007 21:10 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

quote:
Sorry, Big Jim, I'm drawing a mental blank and can't remember if there were 2 or 3 songs in the encore......

I should be able to tell you definitively soon -- I just found out that we did get a recording (not a great one quality-wise from what I'm told) and a guy at my church who helped with the set-up for the concert should have something I can listen to soon (it's not gonna be up to snuff for trading I wouldn't think, but it will tell us what song -- if any -- we are missing from the set list).

quote:
When Chris introduced himself onstage, I thought the name sounded familiar; talked to him a bit afterwards and realized that indeed it's the same guy who's a fan of - and reviews on tollbooth.org -another band that's a personal fave, Iona:

Yes, Chris does review for Phantom Tollbooth and has a radio show (the Rock and Soul Gospel Hour at WCWP radio, which broadcasts out of Long Island University (www.liu.edu) on Sundays btwn. 4 and 7 pm) -- he plays a lot of good tunes, including Iona and the Lost Dogs and many other independent artists. He is in to a lot of the prog rock bands, like Iona and Glass Hammer. I like Iona a lot -- not too familiar with Glass Hammer, though Chris told me a bit about them that night.

07-15-2007 21:22 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

quote:
quote:
Sorry, Big Jim, I'm drawing a mental blank and can't remember if there were 2 or 3 songs in the encore......

I should be able to tell you definitively soon -- I just found out that we did get a recording (not a great one quality-wise from what I'm told) and a guy at my church who helped with the set-up for the concert should have something I can listen to soon (it's not gonna be up to snuff for trading I wouldn't think, but it will tell us what song -- if any -- we are missing from the set list).

It is possible that the "missing" song is not missing. It could merely be due to the fact that I was shocked about being invited onstage, as you mentioned in an earlier post. We're about the same age (two years apart per the "All About You" thread), so it CAN'T be memory loss. It had to have been due to shock.

That's my story... Wink

07-16-2007 08:06 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sharon

Sharon, you're in for a great show - let us know how it goes...

Jim

Ditto: Both a great song by the Dogs and I concur with Jim.

07-16-2007 08:10 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

quote:
quote:

quote:

Yes, Chris does review for Phantom Tollbooth and has a radio show (the Rock and Soul Gospel Hour at WCWP radio, which broadcasts out of Long Island University (www.liu.edu) on Sundays btwn. 4 and 7 pm) -- he plays a lot of good tunes, including Iona and the Lost Dogs and many other independent artists. He is in to a lot of the prog rock bands, like Iona and Glass Hammer. I like Iona a lot -- not too familiar with Glass Hammer, though Chris told me a bit about them that night.

Jim, do you have the web address Chris gave when he was speaking during the intermission? I'd love to "tune in" from the web on Sundays, if possible. It would be great to share the music with my friends and family here in the South Jersey area. Thanks!

07-16-2007 08:13 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH