Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-241.jpg

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just saw the Dogs in NJ - great show!

I loved the sets (two sets) and I was even on stage to help sing the chorus' of the last two songs (I don't want to give away the set list to keep y'all geussing!)

And talking with each member after the show was a joy. I love these guys! And the special cool thing they did was that you could buy a CD burned of your favorite 10 Dogs songs with a photo with the band as a little memorabilia thing. I did forget to get my CD slip cover signed (oops).

So to Terry, Mike, Derri and Steve - thanks for a great evening of music. Traveling mercies as you continue your tour. Hope to see y'all again sometime soon.

07-06-2007 23:30 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp
Ron E Ron E is a male
Scottish Terrier

images/avatars/avatar-269.gif

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's a great keepsake! Did you get any pictures or video or anything?

07-06-2007 23:45 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Miniature Poodle

Thread Starter Thread Started by bubbaepp
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No. I thought about bringing my camcorder or a digital camera - but I didn't. I did get a polariod shot with the band. I just don't have the technology to scan it in properly - maybe I'll try something.

07-07-2007 00:20 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-260.jpg

Registration Date: 07-17-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was there as well! I took my son (his 2nd Dog show as well) and my mom-in-law. It was just awesome. The show was great and talking with the guys afterwards was something else. I saw them in Voorhees last year but this show was even better.

I have some photos and videos to share. Unfortunately, it's my mom-in-law's camera and I didn't know it was an older model -- no microphone! Crying I came home to watch the vids and they're mute. Ugh. Once I get them uploaded to Xanga, I'll post them here. It'll have to wait until later this week as this weekend is full of parties.

Thanks to Terry, Mike, Derri, and Steve for a wonderful evening of music, fellowship, and fun. The three of us really enjoyed it.

Special thanks to Terry for listening as I talked about "Blessing in Disguise" with him. I felt moved to share about my late wife and how that song hit me this past week. I really appreciated your ear.

God bless the Dogs on the road!

In Jesus,
Zudrak / Michael

-Psalm 73:26

07-08-2007 10:04 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Miniature Poodle

Hey Zudrak,

Now that I see that photo (which I feel I've seen before - maybe the 7s board) I remember seeing you (but I didn't talk with you). I went solo and I spoke with some people there, but not you.

Definitely a great show! I remember someone talking to Derri about losing someone to cancer and that how Mercy Will Prevail really hit them. I don't think it was you but interesting that you spoke to Terry about a life/death issue and someone, probably not long afterwards, had Derri with a similar issue.

I really enjoyed chattin' with those guys. They are all so real and regular guys who are just tryin' to do God's will. Sincere. They've all had an influence in my life, and especially my music life. I hope to see them again and next time I'll be on the look out for you!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bubbaepp: 07-08-2007 23:50.

07-08-2007 23:49 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

quote:
Originally posted by bubbaepp
Hey Zudrak,

Now that I see that photo (which I feel I've seen before - maybe the 7s board) I remember seeing you (but I didn't talk with you). I went solo and I spoke with some people there, but not you.

Definitely a great show! I remember someone talking to Derri about losing someone to cancer and that how Mercy Will Prevail really hit them. I don't think it was you but interesting that you spoke to Terry about a life/death issue and someone, probably not long afterwards, had Derri with a similar issue.

I really enjoyed chattin' with those guys. They are all so real and regular guys who are just tryin' to do God's will. Sincere. They've all had an influence in my life, and especially my music life. I hope to see them again and next time I'll be on the look out for you!

That was me in both cases. "Mercy Will Prevail" spun in my car's CD player over and over on the way to the hospital the day my wife died. I made it a point to tell each Dog about the situation because I wanted to let them know I really appreciate what they do. So, they may not be selling CD's like their secular or CCM contemporaries, but they make a bigger impact in my life than any of them. The Choir, The 77's, The Lost Dogs, etc. really hit me where I am.

The conversation I had with Terry was about last Monday morning. I just got an iPod 2 weeks ago and let it play, on random, my Playlist entitled "Mike Roe & Co." which features Mike Roe, The 77s, The Choir, Adam Again, Daniel Amos, The Swirling Eddies, Terry Taylor, and The Lost Dogs. Well, "A Blessing in Disguise" came on and it REALLY hit me. It was very similar to a talk I'd had with some brothers in the Lord at the reception after my wife's Memorial Service.

So, the fact that the lyrics hit me and the most impacting ones were sung by the late Gene Eugene just made me lose it in the car. I shared that with Terry because I knew he'd written the lyrics. As for Steve and Derri, I wanted to let them know how much impact "Mercy Will Prevail" has had on me the last few months. I bought the album at the Dogs' show last July, but as Mary's health declined, I leaned more and more on the topics covered on that masterpiece CD.

I feel bad throwing bad news around the concert that night and on these and the 77s' boards, but the guys really helped me cope and get by the darkest hours I have ever faced. I thank God for the Dogs and their respective bands and musical contributions to my life's soundtrack. My son and I both love the Dogs (as evidenced by his air guitar during "Eleanor, It's Raining Now") and we wanted to let them know how much.

In Jesus,
Michael / Zudrak

07-09-2007 09:57 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Miniature Poodle

Don't worry about saying what you were - that's real life! I'm sorry to hear what you went through (you're a young guy like me) but it's great to hear how God uses different people, musicians, etc.. to help out in a time of need.

I was standing by Derri when you were talking and I think you left right after that. I then had to give my own 'cancer' story, briefly. My Dad died of cancer in April of 2001. I was the only believer in the family and felt that I HAD to give him the gospel. Often we don't feel worthy or think we have the right words, but regardless, I had too. To make a long story short, he acknowledged to me that Jesus died for his sins and that was how we would get to Heaven. I kinda tested him a day later and got confirmation. He probably lasted only another week or two after that. He left this earth, but at least I am confident of where he went. And I thank God for that.

I'll be looking for you at the next show!

07-09-2007 11:07 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

Thanks for sharing that, Bubba. Yeah, I made sure my son got to see Mike back in the sanctuary before we left. My mom-in-law took a GREAT picture that I can't wait to share here and on the 77s board. My son drew pictures of each member of the band on small pieces of notepaper and gave them to the guys. Derri was the last one to get his (he was busy with the custom CD's), so that was when we left -- after the conversation you mentioned.

My own family are not believers. My sister came to Christ at the age of 7, but it's been a struggle with my parents not believing. So, I keep them all (my brother, too) in prayer. My wife's example and faith, though, have made things possible where we could not discuss things previously. I really have felt the "Unseen Hand" move. The Friday before she died, my wife spent the day getting a blood transfusion and witnessed to my dad. He had taken the day off to take her to her appointment. I pray he comes to trust Jesus before his time is up. Thank you for sharing about your own father, as it means that God can still save people with "two outs in the bottom of the ninth" as he did your dad and Ty Cobb (whose quote I used there). You are right -- there is great comfort for me knowing without doubt where my wife is. She was my bride here and is Jesus' bride now and she's in MUCH better hands now! Big Grin

I am praying and waiting for the "watering" to produce fruit and see some increase. I believe that a lot of sowing and watering has occurred the last two years and four months since her diagnosis. No matter what happens, I am sure she will see some increase from her efforts and steadfast hope in Jesus amidst the roughest of storms. ("How I Wish I Knew" by The Choir hits home here, as I miss her smile.)

~Michael

07-09-2007 12:12 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Zudrak

That was me in both cases. "Mercy Will Prevail" spun in my car's CD player over and over on the way to the hospital the day my wife died. I made it a point to tell each Dog about the situation because I wanted to let them know I really appreciate what they do. So, they may not be selling CD's like their secular or CCM contemporaries, but they make a bigger impact in my life than any of them. The Choir, The 77's, The Lost Dogs, etc. really hit me where I am.

My condolences about your wife. I can't imagine what that's like.

You're right, the band's music has a lot more impact, meaning, whatever, then most musicians, CCM or otherwise. It frustrates me to no end that I can't convince any friends to appreciate them as such.

My son and I were also at the Somerset show. It was his third show, my fourth. His favorite band, he was thrilled to get his pic taken with them. Terrific show, finally got a T-shirt! And the guys are really down to earth - no hopping in a limo right after the show for them!

Here are some other pics from the show:

Somerset Pics

I have a somewhat crappy video of Bullet Train taken on my still camera, I'll post that when I get a chance...

07-09-2007 22:16 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
DaLe DaLe is a male
Beagle

images/avatars/avatar-206.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2005
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! NiCe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by pmac
Here are some other pics from the show:
Somerset Pics

thanks.

07-10-2007 07:57 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

Thanks for sharing those pictures, pmac! They turned out a LOT better than the ones on my mom-in-law's camera. I didn't use the flash after the show started (the picture I took of the set beforehand turned out great), so I got a LOT of blurry shots. The pictures of the band afterwards are also fine. I did not want to blind the guys while they played. I need to get a better camera, especially since I did not realize it doesn't have a microphone. The QT movies I made just plain stink since there's no sound. Frown

I remember seeing your son, Connor, at the concert getting his picture taken with the band in the hallway, but somehow missed seeing you. My son and I are in some of your pictures (I am holding him onstage behind Terry!). What a night. I look forward to the Dogs' return to the NJ area.

07-10-2007 10:05 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

Pictures! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Set before the show:

The only concert pic that came out half-decent:

Michael IV waits patiently for the Dogs:

M4 gives artwork to Derri:

Work, Dogs, Work:

M4 & M3 after the concert:

M4, M3, and the Lost Dogs:

Michael 4 & Michael 77:

07-10-2007 13:38 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

RE: Pictures! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
The Set before the show:

Cool pics. I was standing next to your son when he handed Derry that sketch he did; that was cute!

07-10-2007 22:20 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
That's a great keepsake! Did you get any pictures or video or anything?

Here's a very lo-res, bad microphone video of Devil's Elbow from the show...

Devil's Elbow

07-11-2007 06:04 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

RE: Pictures! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by pmac
quote:
The Set before the show:

Cool pics. I was standing next to your son when he handed Derry that sketch he did; that was cute!

Thanks! He drew a picture of each Lost Dog and I have to say the one he did of Mike was awesome. The goatee was perfect. He gave Steve a pair of arms with drumsticks. Of course, Terry and Steve had hats in their caricatures that he drew.

Now, I can't wait for the Swirling Eddies new CD to come out so I can reconstruct the concert set like I did after last year's Voorhees concert. My son has been in possession of that CD-R since I burned last July.

Does anybody remember what the first song of the encore was? I wrote down the songs as they were performed, but I missed that for some reason. I know they played "Breathe Deep" next [when they invited us up onstage] and closed with "Knockin' on Heaven's Door".

07-11-2007 07:41 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-293.jpg

Text RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The concert was awesome! I was grateful to be able to promote it. Hopefully, we'll do it again sometime (it will be up to my church) as in my mind, it was a roaring success and extremely fun!! Not much more I can add to it beyond what's already been shared. For me, it was a joyful magical fine fun time that's really hard to put into words. It really was a bit of heaven - the music, the band, the fellowship, everything was really great in my opinion. Terry, Mike, Derri and Steve were extremely gracious and great to talk to and work with!

One tidbit (I hope the band doesn't mind me sharing): I asked the band if I could pray with them before the show, so I was there while Terry led a nice prayer before the show. Mike was apparently getting ready in the bathroom and wasn't there for it. Anyways, he came out right after we finished and Terry commented how telling it was that Mike missed the prayer. Mike said "well I hope you prayed for me!" Derri then quipped that he prayed for his eternal soul's destruction. Terry and I discussed that must be the Scripture that refers to saving it for the day of judgment (something to that effect - I may be getting some of the particulars wrong and maybe you had to be there!) After helping load the guys out, I made sure to thank them and tell them what an honor and a privilege it was to have had them out! A few guys who attended the concert also helped out, which was appreciated by me (and I know was appreciated by the Dogs).

PMAC: Thanks for the great pictures and video recording of Devil's Elbow (that didn't come out too bad!) Unfortunately, our camera ran out of battery life early on in the show and all I have is one picture on that in addition to the Polaroid with the band (which was great). I had a few things on my mind that night Smile and unfortunately, didn't think about that aspect too much. So, the pictures/video are much appreciated! I would love to see/hear whatever you have of Bullet Train. I think I met you briefly as you guys were on your way out the door?

ZUDRAK: It was nice meeting you, your son and mom-in-law. Didn't have a chance to talk to you very much, but I did speak with your mom-in-law a bit, who was extremely gracious. You guys are good people!! Needless to say, your wife sounds like she was an amazing woman - thanks so much for sharing.

I too was at the Voorhees show last year and (not to take anything away from that show, b/c it was a good one), I thoroughly enjoyed this one more! I am of course, biased, so it was good to hear that I was not the only one.

ARTY: Nice to see you! I can't remember how I knew you, but I still had your e-mail address (I think it was from one of the NJ shows a year or so back). You didn't by chance attend the Mike Roe concert I promoted back in '98, did you? That was the only other concert I have promoted in my life and that was at a coffeehouse in the thriving metropolis of Belle Mead, NJ. Smile I don't think you were there, but maybe that's how I had your name/e-mail address?

Thanks!!

Peace,

Jim

07-12-2007 10:42 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

Jim, thanks for your hard work. Had my son not needed to get to bed (or at least fall asleep on the way home), I could have helped with the breakdown. I did that for Whiteheart in Wildwood back in 1993. It was a great way to fellowship with the band while helping them out.

Anyway, I hope you can get the Dogs, Eddies, 77s, or whomever in the Somerset area again next year. It's not a bad trip getting there at all. Plus, if Gloucester County Community Church is successful in getting the Dogs to play there next year, I can see them twice. Big Grin

You are right. The Voorhees show last year was very good, but the show this past Friday was even better.

Nice meeting you, brother!

Michael

07-12-2007 11:43 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

That's another thing I didn't do (BAD PROMOTER!) - I didn't write down the set list - I'll let you know if it comes to me - I also remember the two songs that had the audience participation (a definite highlight) as being "Knocking on Heaven's Door" and "Breathe Deep", but durn if I can remember what was immediately before that! By the way, I believe the "hair" Mike was wearing was a "prop" used by the church (for what I'm not sure!) that Mike borrowed! He will take whatever material he has available to him and use it as comedy material!

07-12-2007 12:15 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

Michael/Zudrak: Nice meeting you too brother. Thanks for the kind words...

Jim

07-12-2007 12:16 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

Arty/Bubba Epp - I think you were the one that was thinking about promoting a Lost Dogs show at your church? This is a shameless plug, but there is probably not a better band or management team you could ever work with. Hope it works out!

07-12-2007 12:38 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH