Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » 5/2/07 Weird Al show reviews & pics ??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 5/2/07 Weird Al show reviews & pics ???
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-239.jpg

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

Question 5/2/07 Weird Al show reviews & pics ??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

anybody go see this show and can share anything? Confused

Please? Smile )
05-03-2007 09:34 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
inconsolablelonging
Chihuahua

Registration Date: 03-26-2005

yes plz!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My wife and I were supposed to go but her radiation treatments made that impossible.

05-03-2007 12:21 inconsolablelonging is offline Send an Email to inconsolablelonging Search for Posts by inconsolablelonging Add inconsolablelonging to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Scottish Terrier

images/avatars/avatar-269.gif

RE: yes plz!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://arcticpalace.org/journal/
if that link doesn't about sum up the Dogs' luck, I don't know what does...

05-03-2007 16:37 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-239.jpg

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mountain Fan
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Crying and Crying on both counts.
05-04-2007 11:51 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
vlricha vlricha is a female
Dachshund

Registration Date: 11-10-2006

Frown Where were the Dogs? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got an e-mail saying that the Lost Dogs were going to be in Tacoma Washington on May 27. Now I'm wondering if that is correct. I certainly hope it is. I love you Lost Dogs.
05-09-2007 10:07 vlricha is offline Search for Posts by vlricha Add vlricha to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Collie

images/avatars/avatar-229.jpg

Cool RE: Where were the Dogs? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i dunno... but friday at theo's (come as a child or not at all) church..
i will be at that show..

5/26 (Sat) Quincy Free Methodist Church
301 "I" St SW, Quincy, WA
Showtime: 7pm
Admission: Free-will offering (suggested donation $10/ea)

carman is a good artist! he's made me smile on many an ocasion with his wit and his fun songs. it horrifys me to see all you people bagging on the man. this bord is almost to much for me. i wonder if i've stumbled into a pit of despair! ~tOr
05-09-2007 17:49 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
lam77s

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Lost Dogs were cancelled before the Weird Al show due to horrible weather. They were there, ready to play. Oh, well.

As far as the Tacoma show goes...it's now open to the public. Here's the info:

THE LOST DOGS w/ special guest Michael Knott, and
Alex, Drew and Chris from the recently reunited Five O' Clock People
Sunday, May 27th
7:00 pm
$10 adv/door
Tacoma Landmark Convention Center (Temple Theater)
Plaza Grand Ballroom
47 St. Helens Ave, Tacoma, WA 98402
Ticket info tba -- Check out <a href="http://www.myspace.com/thelostdogsmusic" target="_blank">http://www.myspace.com/thelostdogsmusic[/url] in a few days

Linda
05-09-2007 22:11 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Homepage of lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Dachshund

Tacoma Show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Woo Hoo, I'm there Tongue
05-11-2007 09:58 vlricha is offline Search for Posts by vlricha Add vlricha to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Collie

Lamp RE: Tacoma Show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hmmm.... i'll already be halfway across the state saturday.....
i wouldn't even consider it except for the fact that i have not seen mike knott live since the 80's... Shocked Crying

carman is a good artist! he's made me smile on many an ocasion with his wit and his fun songs. it horrifys me to see all you people bagging on the man. this bord is almost to much for me. i wonder if i've stumbled into a pit of despair! ~tOr
05-11-2007 11:48 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Snowman Snowman is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 11-25-2006

Portland tonight. Quincy Saturday. Tacoma Sunday.

Common, Joey! It'll be a hoot!

Road food revival!

BTW, I think because of the presences present in Tacoma, The first CAACONAA album, what's left, will be made available at the table.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Snowman: 05-25-2007 13:40.

05-25-2007 13:38 Snowman is offline Send an Email to Snowman Homepage of Snowman Search for Posts by Snowman Add Snowman to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Golden Retriever

images/avatars/avatar-230.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Snowman

Road food revival!

BTW, I think because of the presences present in Tacoma, The first CAACONAA album, what's left, will be made available at the table.

i was looking through our cd collection yesterday and realized we don't have that one. i need to buy it from you if you still have any left. Wink

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Smile
05-29-2007 22:46 bereal is offline Send an Email to bereal Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Collie

Sad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Snowman

Road food revival!

i was seriously considering it since i was already halfway there...
but i was camping with my son and my fiancee' and her family near moses lake...
they wouldn't have understood the need to drive to tacoma when i just saw the headlining band the night before................ Crying

05-30-2007 15:29 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Ron E Ron E is a male
Scottish Terrier

images/avatars/avatar-269.gif

So...Joey, Snowy? Details, pictures, video, ...what did you experience...

05-31-2007 23:52 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Collie

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it was a great show!
but only about 30 people showed up.... Confused
the house was packed when they played the Christmas show at the same place....
saturday of memorial weekend and lots of people camping around that area is my only guess....
that did give me a chance to talk to all of the band, and get a flyer for the show signed by all 3 doggies... Big Grin
but there should have been more people there.... Crying Crying Confused
no pics or video from me....
i am curious to hear as well about the sunday show with mr. knott....
snowman?

06-01-2007 12:08 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Audiori J
unregistered

Cool! Yeah its unfortunate when people don't show up, when we booked the Dogs here it happened to be 4rth of July weekend and we had a hard time getting people here. People use 3 day weekends to go out of town.

Their fans shouldn't miss the shows, they always put on a great one. I usually try to find creative ways to get people that don't know who they are to the show as well. Big Grin
06-01-2007 14:30
beagle
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-292.jpg

Registration Date: 07-15-2005

Expand upon "creative ways". I'm hosting the Dogs on July 5 and I'm worrying about the same thing. I don't want to have an empty auditorium. I'm not opposed to packing the house with people unfamiliar with the group.
06-02-2007 08:32 beagle is offline Send an Email to beagle Search for Posts by beagle Add beagle to your Buddy List
Dachshund

Tacoma Show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin
The Tacoma show was great. I went to see the Lost Dogs and wouldn't have minded a bit if they had been the only ones there (and had done a four hour show), but that's just me.

I didn't know Mike Knott or the Five O'Clock People, but other people in the audience did and they loved them a lot.

The Lost Dogs should have packed houses any where they play as far as I'm concerned.

I think I remember (if I'm not mistaken) a couple of their songs were played years ago on the radio (Free Drinks and a Dream, Rocky Mountain Mines?) I don't know for sure, but seem to remember those.

Their other songs should get air time too, i.e. Rebecca, Go Home, That's Where Jesus Is, Blessing in Disguise, Golden Dreams (was in the movie Joshua), All That Remains (just to name a fewPleased )

I could go on and on, but need to get to work.

Have a good day
06-04-2007 10:30 vlricha is offline Search for Posts by vlricha Add vlricha to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Creative ways, I printed tickets and sent packets of 15 or so to area churches. I went to pretty much every music store in the st louis area to hang up a flyer. I hung up flyers in local walmart lobbies. I gave some to the principle of the local Christian School. I gave some tickets to a guy who works in the area with Government housing. Basically anyone who works with people. I even left a ticket or two with my tips at resteraunts for a few weeks before the show. Anything to cast the net out.
06-04-2007 13:24
patch77s
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 07-18-2006

quote:
Originally posted by beagle
Expand upon "creative ways". I'm hosting the Dogs on July 5 and I'm worrying about the same thing. I don't want to have an empty auditorium. I'm not opposed to packing the house with people unfamiliar with the group.

i would suggest renting the Blues Brothers if you want to learn the proper way to pack an auditorium.

steve
06-25-2007 08:19 patch77s is offline Send an Email to patch77s Search for Posts by patch77s Add patch77s to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » 5/2/07 Weird Al show reviews & pics ???

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH