Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Where to sell CDs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Where to sell CDs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
timdgibson timdgibson is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 04-17-2007

Where to sell CDs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

(1st, sorry for the cross posting).

I have about 35 CDs that I would like to sell. I have some throwaways (PFR, The Wayside), but then I have quite a few that are OOP (DAS, DA, Terry Scott Taylor, Mortal, etc).

What's the best way to sell these? We just entered into a payment plan with the IRS to pay off our taxes and I'd love to reduce that debt.

TIA!!!

tim
04-17-2007 18:35 timdgibson is offline Send an Email to timdgibson Search for Posts by timdgibson Add timdgibson to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Certain ones sell fairly well on ebay, if they happen to be hard to get.
04-18-2007 15:22
timdgibson timdgibson is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 04-17-2007

Thread Starter Thread Started by timdgibson
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah I've got a few that are hard to get.

I'll probably start posting them in a couple weeks. I'll let you know when I do.

thanks,

tim
04-18-2007 17:08 timdgibson is offline Send an Email to timdgibson Search for Posts by timdgibson Add timdgibson to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-304.jpg

Registration Date: 06-30-2005

Please post that list. I'm sure many of us would like to complete our already-too-big CD collection.

Also, IMHO, PFR is pretty good Christian Beatlesque pop. But, that's just me.

77's - 9/13/96, 9/17/96, 10/29/99; LOST DOGS - ?/?/1994?, 2/10/96, 5/24/96, 7/5/05, 6/29/07; MIKE ROE - 3/14/02, 6/29/07; MIKE ROE/MARK HARMON - 11/20/04 MIKE ROE/TERRY TAYLOR - 8/19/03; MIKE ROE/MIKE PRITZL - 11/18/05, 11/14/06, 6/29/07
04-24-2007 15:03 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
THX1136 THX1136 is a male
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-300.jpg

Registration Date: 06-27-2007

PFR Hmmm... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've always wondered why PFR was mentioned in the same breath as the Beatles. I don't hear the connection any more than I hear a connection between, say, the 77's and the Beatles. All folks are influenced by what came before, but I don't see an exceptional influence concerning PFR. It's probably just me I 'spect.

06-28-2007 12:00 THX1136 is offline Send an Email to THX1136 Homepage of THX1136 Search for Posts by THX1136 Add THX1136 to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

I think its that nod to the mid section of the Beatles career (Revolver, Rubber Soul), that 60s harmony laced studio rock sound with a slight lean towards psychedelic. Phil Keaggy is similar, and thats probably why they (Keaggy and PFR) worked together to record "We Can Work It Out" for the various artists tribute CD Come Together: America Salutes the Beatles. I think those artists gave a tip of the hat back to the group they know they were strongly influenced by.

I think to clearly recognise the influence you almost have to be from there, sort of like hearing a slight accent in someone's voice and recognising that they are from where you grew up.

I remember Daniel Amos wanted a "Dear Prudence" drum sound on one song for "Mr Buechners Dream", people that have grown up with the Beatles will pick up on the similarities even if the drum part is different. Keaggy tends to try and vocalize and capture the Beatles guitar sound often enough that it becomes very familair to a Beatle fan, even if the sound changes somewhat coming through Keaggy. Its those subtleties that Beatle fans pick up on when listening to a band like PFR.
06-28-2007 14:27
vlricha vlricha is a female
Dachshund

Registration Date: 11-10-2006

RE: Where to sell CDs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

To timdgibson:

Do you have any with yodeling? I heard that (I think) Terry? does some yodeling. If you do, I would be interested Big Grin

Ignore the above message, I think I found the CD by Terry that I had heard about.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by vlricha: 08-20-2007 09:57.

07-30-2007 10:05 vlricha is offline Search for Posts by vlricha Add vlricha to your Buddy List
THX1136 THX1136 is a male
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-300.jpg

Registration Date: 06-27-2007

I understand what you mean. With Keaggy's Sunday's Child, he sort of did that with a few of the tunes. Like I said, it's just me. I wouldn't automatically use the term Beatle-esque to describe an overall quality of a band because they had a drum sound that reminded me of Ringo's. Another way, I wouldn't call a band's album Beach Boy-esque if they used a muted piano sound like Brian liked on one of their tunes. The tune Smile from the Pray Naked album is definitely approached like the Beach Boys tune Meant For You, but I would be hard pressed to describe the album as Beach Boy-esque on that tune alone. Reminiscent, yes indeed, but in a limited way.

Again, I agree with and understand what you're saying. I appreciate your response since I better understand where the thought to describe a band in that fashion comes from. I guess I feel it's a slight disservice to the buyer to describe an album as Beatle-esque - like Great Lengths by PFR was - when the entire album does not really bear that descrptive adjective as applicable in a consistent manner.

08-23-2007 11:12 THX1136 is offline Send an Email to THX1136 Homepage of THX1136 Search for Posts by THX1136 Add THX1136 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Where to sell CDs

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH