Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Dogs Christmas Tour » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dogs Christmas Tour
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ron E Ron E is a male
Scottish Terrier

images/avatars/avatar-269.gif

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ron E
RE: half a show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I tried to do that for Toronto. I asked people to tell me if they were interested in going half. Again, no takers. There may be a way though, I have exactly zero experience with it.

11-14-2006 11:34 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
lam77s

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

RE: half a show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
I tried to do that for Toronto. I asked people to tell me if they were interested in going half. Again, no takers. There may be a way though, I have exactly zero experience with it.

In my experience it helps to physically meet up with someone who lives near you, get to know each other and figure out what you can afford. Keep in mind that you will not have to pay all the money up front and hopefully you'll make back most or all of it by the time the show is over.

I've rarely had a bad experience promoting shows (and only great experiences with any of the Lost Dogs or variations thereof). I would encourage any of you to take the leap of faith. Going in on it with someone else makes it even more fun.

Hint: Save your Christmas bonus/gift money and book a show the next time a tour comes near.

Linda

P. S. If you make all your friends and family go, that takes care of a nice chunk of ticket sales. That's what I do. Pleased
11-14-2006 12:20 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Homepage of lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah. We've tried to partner up with some people here, but it didnt work for us. It can work, but just didn't.

Maybe we could make a section on the board called 'booking' or something and have people start threads with the name of their nearest larger city that they would like to book a show in. Then anyone in that area that is interested too could post in that thread? Not sure it would do much, but if we keep that section clear of other talk...it would always be there to refer to. Or maybe the best bet would be by state, one thread for each state?

Or does anyone have a better suggestion?

We've had people want to use the email addresses of the people that order, but generally not everyone that orders wants their email address given out or wants to be solicited. Maybe we could put a special instructions box on the order forms that asks if they are ok with being contacted for shows in their area, that way the people that want it could be contacted. And the people that don't wouldn't be.

That still wouldn't alleviate the problem of collection of the email addresses, there would be no easy way to extract them from the online transaction server other than manually reading the orders and typing them into a list.
11-14-2006 12:20
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Linda,

I have some of the copyright information you need. Wink
11-14-2006 12:29
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2005

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
It would be nice to know who you could partner with for a show. I couldn't pay for a whole show, but I probably could do a third or even a half. I don't know how we could do this, but it would be nice to know who else in my area might be able to do part of a show.

Does that make any sense?

Marky Mark, I'm down in Allentown PA. Whether or not that's close enough to Wilkes Barre to consider tag-teaming a concert, I don't know.... but keep me in mind next time there's an east coast tour...

11-15-2006 20:38 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
Provision National
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-277.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2005

we had three different promoters cancel on us for different reasons.

as a result, we had to move things to the west coast.

we will post details soon.

sorry about the miscommunication.

- pnb

Experience the music.
11-16-2006 10:14 Provision National is offline Send an Email to Provision National Homepage of Provision National Search for Posts by Provision National Add Provision National to your Buddy List
lobo1023 lobo1023 is a male
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 06-09-2006

Actually, a few months back I tried to get another poster to discuss a "shared" show but when I didn't get a response back on the board, I figured it might be the wrong forum. Should've tried a few of you other fans.

Here's another suggestion - If there were some way to get the "rabid" fans (those who have really been blessed by this band over the years) within a close geographic vicinity to pony-up the cost between us, maybe we could throw some free "that's where Jesus is" concerts in places like prisons, homeless shelters, etc. As an example, 30 people in the Philadelphia/NJ area who are willing to donate $50.00 a piece to see the guys sing in a place where their music isn't regularly heard. That would pay for the concert fee and the rest is easy. There are those of us who can arrange those sort of venues (that fans could also attend) and even see that your "donation" is tax-deductible. Maybe a little way to put our money where our heart (and theirs) is.
11-16-2006 12:26 lobo1023 is offline Send an Email to lobo1023 Search for Posts by lobo1023 Add lobo1023 to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

I like that idea, I think for some of us we find maybe 2 people willing to pony up the dough, but those people are us. Gotta find a way to find more people willing in the area beyond those people we know to ask.

Getting them to play in one of those places would be cool, if they are up for it. How about a nursing home? Seems they might like the old fashioned hymn type music.
11-16-2006 12:40
Provision National
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-277.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2005

they would love it.

one of the band's favorite concerts from the last couple of years was playing for audience of homeless people in oregon.

if you each send me your name, email address, city, state, phone number and financial amount you can chip in, i will keep a master record and combine the names of people within the same area. also, make sure to get the word out to people you think you would be interested in doing this.

send it to: jesse@provisionnational.com

thanks!

- pnb

Experience the music.
11-16-2006 12:51 Provision National is offline Send an Email to Provision National Homepage of Provision National Search for Posts by Provision National Add Provision National to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-304.jpg

Registration Date: 06-30-2005

pmac-

I would have liked to do that, but I recently moved to the middle of the country. And Allentown would not have been too far. So sadSmile

77's - 9/13/96, 9/17/96, 10/29/99; LOST DOGS - ?/?/1994?, 2/10/96, 5/24/96, 7/5/05, 6/29/07; MIKE ROE - 3/14/02, 6/29/07; MIKE ROE/MARK HARMON - 11/20/04 MIKE ROE/TERRY TAYLOR - 8/19/03; MIKE ROE/MIKE PRITZL - 11/18/05, 11/14/06, 6/29/07
11-17-2006 09:22 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
thtfolk
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 11-27-2006

Christmas Tour Detroit Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi

The Lost Dogs will be a Trinity House Theatre in Livonia Michigan (near Detroit) on Sat. 12/2.

There are currently still tickets available but the theatre only seats 87. This will probably be the most intimate show of their tour. If you haven't been to Trinity House before it would be worth the road trip.

Tickets are $20. Make sure to get your reservations in at info@trinityhouse.org 734-464-6302.

Bill Keith
www.trinityhouse.org
11-27-2006 07:57 thtfolk is offline Send an Email to thtfolk Search for Posts by thtfolk Add thtfolk to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Dogs Christmas Tour

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH