Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » Favorite Dogs Concert moment » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Favorite Dogs Concert moment
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J
unregistered
Favorite Dogs Concert moment Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Whats you favorite Dogs concert moment or show?

Besides this last tour, which I think was really good. I really like the "flesh o' meter", and the whole 'Get Me Ready For It" song.

One moment or a particularshow that sticks out in my mind is the "Purple Leapord Lounge" show at Cornerstone. The atmosphere was really strange for a Dogs show. Very small tent, with no stage, and purple stuff everywhere, sparkly purple stuff hanging all over. Everyone was crammed in, standing room only.
10-24-2006 11:22
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2005

RE: Favorite Dogs Concert moment Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1. A couple years back I saw the Dogs in NYC (a church coffeehouse, the name escapes me) with my brother, it was an acoustic tour (Terry, Derry, Mike); they finished with Joel. For whatever reason, I just really got caught up spiritually during that song, it was a powerful finish to the concert. (I guess it was the same tour as the Via Chicago DVD was done from).

2. Last summer our family caught their show down towards Philly (Willowdale Chapel). We were sitting in the front row; Mike tossed a guitar pick over towards the kids. My daughter kept it and framed it along with the concert ticket; keeps it on the piano. (Unfortunately, the rest of her taste in music leaves something to be desired Roll Eyes )

10-28-2006 23:28 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-304.jpg

Registration Date: 06-30-2005

Jimmy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The first time I saw the Dogs was in 1994 or 95 in Lexington, KY. I remember being really impressed with Mike's guitar work on "Eleanor, It's Raining Now". He broke a string during that song. Big surprise.

But my favorite/poignant moment was when, during that show, Gene introduced "Jimmy". It was only Mike on guitar and Gene singing, and Ialways loved that song since the first time I heard it a couple of years before. But hearing the story behind it (and subsequently hearing it again in 1996 or 97 in Upland, IN) has to be my favorite moment. I never heard Gene say anything that I didn't totally believe and/or was engrossed by. There is a great gravity to everything he wrote, and it was serious without being depressing. His music always makes you experience something vicariously. And that really is one of the marks of a truly great songwriter. I got a chuckle when he said that it took him forever to write lyrics. You'd never know that lyric writing was a struggle for him. And when you go to a show hoping that a band will play one of your favorites, it's quite a gamble. Because you never know how they see their own music. But not only did they play it, but gave some wonderful background as well.

I believe that song explanation is on "Green Room Serenade Part Tour".

Jimmy
from the album "Little Red Riding Hood"
(Gene Eugene)

Long time, no see
I know it's been a while
I'm glad you're doing O.K.
You know me, anyway

I've been somewhere
I've been everywhere
I've been nowhere
And you've been on the road
You with your heavy load

Crazy Eights, Go Fish
I made a pond, remember that?
You asked if I was happy
I wondered "Were you sad?"

Long time no see
I know it's been awhile
You sound like you're
Doing well
Jimmy I can tell

Nurses aides and magazines
It's late, it's time to go
How glad I was to hear that day
They sent you home

Now I'm tied up
And I'm busy
I'm busy
But I'll come over soon
We'll get some Chinese food
I'd like that wouldn't you?

(C)1993 B-1 Music/Chenka-Chenka Music/Word Music (ASCAP)

77's - 9/13/96, 9/17/96, 10/29/99; LOST DOGS - ?/?/1994?, 2/10/96, 5/24/96, 7/5/05, 6/29/07; MIKE ROE - 3/14/02, 6/29/07; MIKE ROE/MARK HARMON - 11/20/04 MIKE ROE/TERRY TAYLOR - 8/19/03; MIKE ROE/MIKE PRITZL - 11/18/05, 11/14/06, 6/29/07

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 10-29-2006 21:39.

10-29-2006 21:38 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2005

RE: Jimmy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77

I believe that song explanation is on "Green Room Serenade Part Tour".

Yup, you're right!

10-30-2006 05:52 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » Favorite Dogs Concert moment

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH