Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » What song? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What song?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wild4jesus567 wild4jesus567 is a female
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-243.jpg

Registration Date: 08-10-2006

What song? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If you were going to introduce someone to the lost dogs, what song would you play for them?

08-16-2006 16:55 wild4jesus567 is offline Send an Email to wild4jesus567 Search for Posts by wild4jesus567 Add wild4jesus567 to your Buddy List
BigFiber BigFiber is a male
Chihuahua

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 03-25-2005

RE: What song? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Real good question.

I find the best way to introduce the Dogs to new people is to take them to a live show. It's really hard to pick one song. I normally just give folks a CD and tell them to listen to the whole thing. Or I force them to listen when I'm driving and before you know it the're singing "There's only one bum in Corona Del Mar!"

08-16-2006 21:02 BigFiber is offline Send an Email to BigFiber Search for Posts by BigFiber Add BigFiber to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I kind of see it as depending on the person you are introducing them to. I will pick a song or CD I think fits that person.
08-18-2006 11:50
Alex Alex is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-147.jpg

Registration Date: 07-18-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Pray where you are" is probably a good starting point.

Alex

Bis die Hölle gefriert: www.freak-alex-band.com

08-18-2006 20:02 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
epistrophy epistrophy is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 05-22-2006

Definitely "Pray Where You Are". For certain people, maybe "Breathe Deep", but I think "Pray" is the best general entry point.

08-18-2006 22:20 epistrophy is offline Send an Email to epistrophy Search for Posts by epistrophy Add epistrophy to your Buddy List
davidtpark davidtpark is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 01-22-2006

I know that this is way too long to fit on one cd but if I were able I'd hand someone a cd with my three favorite songs from each of the vocal albums. It makes for a nice iPod shuffle and is a great holistic photo of the years:

Ghost Train to Nowhere
Blessing in Disguise
Rebecca Go Home
Imagine That
Dunce Cap
No Room For Us
If You Want To
Sunshine Down
To Cover You
There You Are
Come Down Here
Be My Hinding Place
In The Distance
The Mark of Cain
Lovely Man
Scenic Routes
The New Physics
The Last Testament Of Angus Shane
All That Remains
If It Be Your Will
Reasonable Service
Broken Like Brooklyn
Whispering Memories
Hardening My Heart

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by davidtpark: 08-20-2006 08:15.

08-20-2006 08:14 davidtpark is offline Send an Email to davidtpark Search for Posts by davidtpark Add davidtpark to your Buddy List
Mike B. Mike B. is a male
Chihuahua

images/avatars/avatar-247.jpg

Registration Date: 08-20-2006

Wink Wht song? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For the rocker....Get Me Ready

For the folk-rocker....Pray Where You Are or Wild Ride

For the Gram Parsons freak (mysef included)..Built for Glory
or Whispering Memories (We might have rode out to the desert.....)
or I Can't Say Goodbye

For the blues fan....Cry out loud

For the Folkie...Beautiful Scandalous Night or Moses In The Desert

For the beach bum or fan of old Spaghetti Westerns...Wikki Tikki

You wanted just one song, didn't you.--> That's where Jesus Is.

-->What a stylistically diverse band!
08-22-2006 20:08 Mike B. is offline Search for Posts by Mike B. Add Mike B. to your Buddy List
sorenaabye
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 08-22-2006

I've long said that "Sweet Work of Love" is the best, most complete Christian rock song ever, and then I've always followed that by saying how much I don't like that term Christian rock...

After one week of pure pleasure, I am introducing as many people as I can to the wonderfully impressionistic song "Broken Like Brooklyn." Not least because it is centered around the best baseball team in history, and two of the best cities. So, Brooklyn is my answer to which song I'd introduce the 'Dogs with, but if there is such a thing as Christian rock, then Sweet Work fits the bill.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sorenaabye: 08-22-2006 21:41.

08-22-2006 21:39 sorenaabye is offline Send an Email to sorenaabye Search for Posts by sorenaabye Add sorenaabye to your Buddy List
mo_jojo mo_jojo is a male
Greyhound

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 06-29-2005

How to choose?

Pray Where you are.

Imagine That
Eleanor it's raining now.
Rocky Mountain Mines
Moses in the desert
Las Vegas Story
Rainforest Romance
Broken like brooklyn
This Business is going down

If I had to choose only 1...PWYA.

08-22-2006 21:48 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » What song?

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH