Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » "Band" section on the site... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page "Band" section on the site...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BigFiber BigFiber is a male
Chihuahua

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 03-25-2005

"Band" section on the site... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was talking to a christian co worker last night about how (to me) most pop christian music, well...sucks. And I went on and on about how God deserves art from his artists and not to just keep telling him how great he is. As I imagin He already knows that. (But I digress) So anyway, I tell him about the Dogs and that I just saw them in Baltimore and how great they are (yadda, yadda) so we go to thelostdogs.com and he clicks on the "Band" link on the left and it's aweful out of date.

Just throwing that out there...

Really great site and enjoy the posts, ya'll are some very cool people.

Smile

07-22-2006 03:04 BigFiber is offline Send an Email to BigFiber Search for Posts by BigFiber Add BigFiber to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Collie

images/avatars/avatar-229.jpg

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

why would you call yourself bigfiber? Confused

carman is a good artist! he's made me smile on many an ocasion with his wit and his fun songs. it horrifys me to see all you people bagging on the man. this bord is almost to much for me. i wonder if i've stumbled into a pit of despair! ~tOr
07-22-2006 18:15 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Chihuahua

Thread Starter Thread Started by BigFiber
Why would I call myself BigFiber? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, I work in the fiber optic industry and I'm big...so you put those two together and you get: BigFiber...That and I use that name in other online venues. It makes it easier for me to keep things straight.

07-23-2006 13:38 BigFiber is offline Send an Email to BigFiber Search for Posts by BigFiber Add BigFiber to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We could add to it I suppose, we didnt write it in the first place. The way this site was originally created, someone did the artwork, someone wrote the words and we just put it up. It would get updated as those people sent us more artwork and more text. Even if we thought things needed updated, we were not often free to do so.

That page was originally basically a press release type bio for the uninitiated. It could stand to be rewritten or updated.
07-23-2006 15:17
Pfiagra
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-207.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
We could add to it I suppose, we didnt write it in the first place. The way this site was originally created, someone did the artwork, someone wrote the words and we just put it up. It would get updated as those people sent us more artwork and more text. Even if we thought things needed updated, we were not often free to do so.

That page was originally basically a press release type bio for the uninitiated. It could stand to be rewritten or updated.

It sounds like the government set up your operations:

In April, a dead, decaying cow got caught on a tree branch at a dam near West Milford, W.Va., and remained there for "several weeks," according to an Associated Press report, grossing out neighbors, while five government jurisdictions declined repeated requests to move it. It was outside West Milford city limits; the state Department of Natural Resources handles only wild animals; the state Environmental Protection people found no ecological danger; the state Agriculture Department called it a local issue; and a regional Water Board also declined. Finally, on May 13, workers from the state Division of Highways, along with local volunteer firefighters, removed it. [ABC News-AP, 5-15-06]
07-23-2006 23:06 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
audiori
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-3.jpg

Registration Date: 03-21-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Pfiagra

It sounds like the government set up your operations:

Originally, it was something like that... only not quite as organized or efficient. Tongue

07-24-2006 19:47 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Collie

RE: Why would I call myself BigFiber? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigFiber
Well, I work in the fiber optic industry and I'm big...so you put those two together and you get: BigFiber...That and I use that name in other online venues. It makes it easier for me to keep things straight.

well, i would get a different name...
no offense, but the first thing that came to my mind is that you spend a lot of time in the bathroom... Shocked

carman is a good artist! he's made me smile on many an ocasion with his wit and his fun songs. it horrifys me to see all you people bagging on the man. this bord is almost to much for me. i wonder if i've stumbled into a pit of despair! ~tOr
07-24-2006 22:18 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Ron E Ron E is a male
Scottish Terrier

images/avatars/avatar-269.gif

RE: Why would I call myself BigFiber? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What does the name "Big Dork" do for you?

07-25-2006 04:42 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
BigDork
Old English Sheepdog

images/avatars/avatar-314.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
What does the name "Big Dork" do for you?

what are you trying to say? Mad

Tongue

07-25-2006 09:37 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Collie

some guys buy would just buy a porsche.........

07-25-2006 11:18 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Alex Alex is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-147.jpg

Registration Date: 07-18-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.

Made in Germany!

Alex

Bis die Hölle gefriert: www.freak-alex-band.com

07-26-2006 03:08 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
Chihuahua

Thread Starter Thread Started by BigFiber
Big Grin RE: Why would I call myself BigFiber? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
well, i would get a different name...
no offense, but the first thing that came to my mind is that you spend a lot of time in the bathroom...

Big Grin

Well, I didn't want to say anything, but, the double meaning is not lost on me. I will say, however, that you are the first to pick up on it: So... Congrats!

I have to ask...what does that say about your thought life?

Hmm?

Pleased

07-26-2006 11:47 BigFiber is offline Send an Email to BigFiber Search for Posts by BigFiber Add BigFiber to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Collie

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Alex
quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.

Made in Germany!

Alex

yes, nice cars! but some guys buy one to compensate for uh, other things....
and some just post on the internet with a username like BigDork or something like that........

Tongue

07-26-2006 12:49 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
BigDork
Old English Sheepdog

images/avatars/avatar-314.jpg

Roll Eyes

07-26-2006 17:04 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Scottish Terrier

images/avatars/avatar-269.gif

and some guys still go by "joey"

07-26-2006 21:45 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Collie

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
and some guys still go by "joey"

joe/joseph is my father...... Cool

plus people confuse me with this guy......

how you doin'? Cool Big Grin Pleased

07-27-2006 00:19 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » "Band" section on the site...

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH