Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Tribute song to Gene Eugene » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Tribute song to Gene Eugene 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mrmajestyx mrmajestyx is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 07-17-2006

Question Tribute song to Gene Eugene Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was at the Christ Community show at Camp Hill, PA on Friday the 14th. They put on a great show as usual.

The fouth or five song they sang, they mentioned it was a song that everyone related to Gene. It was a slow and mellow song I really enjoyed. I don't remember hearing it before. Does anyone have any idea what it could have been? I have all their albums.....unless its something from an old one that I just don't remember. Unfortunately I can't remember the words. I was really into the tune. Any help would be appreciated.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mrmajestyx: 07-17-2006 08:09.

07-17-2006 08:08 mrmajestyx is offline Send an Email to mrmajestyx Search for Posts by mrmajestyx Add mrmajestyx to your Buddy List
Wander
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 07-07-2005

RE: Tribute song to Gene Eugene Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You're probably thinking of "NO ROOM FOR US". They played it at Comm. Christian on Saturday. Beautiful and haunting. It's off of "Little Red Riding Hood".
07-17-2006 09:12 Wander is offline Send an Email to Wander Search for Posts by Wander Add Wander to your Buddy List
mrmajestyx mrmajestyx is a male
Miniature Poodle

Thread Starter Thread Started by mrmajestyx
RE: Tribute song to Gene Eugene Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Great!.....thanks for the info. I'll check my CD when I get home.

07-17-2006 09:58 mrmajestyx is offline Send an Email to mrmajestyx Search for Posts by mrmajestyx Add mrmajestyx to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yup, they said they never performed it before (since they recorded it) because its too difficult.
07-17-2006 10:19
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-260.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As last night was my first Dogs show, you would never have guessed they'd not played it live since they recorded it in 1992. LRRH was my first Dogs CD and is still my fave. I was glad to hear so many wonderful tunes from that disc. Big Grin

I know they rarely come to the Northeast, as Derry was telling me after the show, but I'll make it a point to see any of them in their various musical incarnations the next time they are nearby South Jersey/Philadelphia, PA.

-Psalm 73:26

07-17-2006 14:40 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Golden Retriever

images/avatars/avatar-274.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Yup, they said they never performed it before (since they recorded it) because its too difficult.

They do a great job on it. It's so unique from the rest of the set & Steve gets to pull out some of his toys during it. I think that song made the biggest impression on me than any, including the rocker. So many different sounds going on.
07-17-2006 15:16 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-260.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
They do a great job on it. It's so unique from the rest of the set & Steve gets to pull out some of his toys during it. I think that song made the biggest impression on me than any, including the rocker. So many different sounds going on.

I agree, having played in bands in high school where the percussionists were able to use all sorts of tricks and toys, it was nice to see a bit of that at a Christian concert.

Too many times Christian music seems (to me, anyway) to never "adventure" anywhere. It is rare for me to say "I REALLY like what they did here" on a CD, etc. That is not the case with The Lost Dogs or their contributing members' other bands. Thank God!

-Psalm 73:26

07-17-2006 15:26 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
mo_jojo mo_jojo is a male
Greyhound

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 06-29-2005

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
They do a great job on it. It's so unique from the rest of the set & Steve gets to pull out some of his toys during it.

It was during this song that I wish Steve had a rainstick in his arsenal. There's a place in the song where it would be perfect, and I wish Steve would try that sometime in the future. Heck...I'll send him a rainstick!

http://yellowbellmusic.com/instruments/p...n/rainstick.php

http://www.grothmusic.com/cgi-local/Soft...061b+1153298226

07-18-2006 01:04 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
mo_jojo mo_jojo is a male
Greyhound

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 06-29-2005

One More Thing.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's nice to see 3 new members posting in this thread! Welcome aboard. Make yourself at home, and don't mind some of us at times.

I'm pretty new here myself, at 1 year and counting, but I find this a fun place to post and catch up on happenings in the worlds of the many bands that are related to the Dogs. Not to mention a place to ask for prayer and find a kind word when you need one.

07-18-2006 01:12 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
Alex Alex is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-147.jpg

Registration Date: 07-18-2005

quote:
Originally posted by mrmajestyx
The fouth or five song they sang, they mentioned it was a song that everyone related to Gene. It was a slow and mellow song I really enjoyed. I don't remember hearing it before. Does anyone have any idea what it could have been?

Probably "Three legged dog" from "Real men cry". Wink Big Grin

Alex

Bis die Hölle gefriert: www.freak-alex-band.com

07-18-2006 05:24 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
davidtpark davidtpark is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 01-22-2006

Just thought I would post the entire setlist for all interested parties. I don't think a complete list has been posted for any show yet.

Wild Ride, If You Want to, A Certain Love, Brooken Like Brooklyn, Devil's Elbow, Rocky Moutain Mines, If You Loved Here You'd be Home by Now, Bad Indegestion, The Lust The Flesh The Eye and the Pride of Life, No Room For Us, Crushing Hand, Blessing in Disquise, That's Where Jesus Is, Get My Ready, Eleanor it's Raining Now, Imagine That, Ain't Gonna Fight It.

It's interesting to note a few things: More songs were played from Red Riding Hood (my all time favorite) than even the brand new release. Only three of the songs were three-legged dog songs. Terry and Derry switch vocals on Rocky Mountain Mines and Ain't Gonna Fight It. Three albums were not represented: Scenic Routes, The Green Room Serenade, and Island Dreams.
07-23-2006 08:07 davidtpark is offline Send an Email to davidtpark Search for Posts by davidtpark Add davidtpark to your Buddy List
davidtpark davidtpark is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 01-22-2006

I think I missed one: Does anyone remember them playing This Business is Goin' Down? If so where did it show up in the set?
07-24-2006 14:13 davidtpark is offline Send an Email to davidtpark Search for Posts by davidtpark Add davidtpark to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Golden Retriever

images/avatars/avatar-274.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

This was my review of their 2nd show (Tyler):

Lost Dogs - 7/2/06 - Vineyard Christian Fellowship - Tyler, TX

After debuting their 2006 tour in New Orleans, the Lost Dogs arrived at Vineyard Christian Fellowship (a hip church on the 2nd floor of a mall) in Tyler, TX. When Lisa & I arrived, they were playing John Davis' CD through the sound system (a very good omen). Homer Hiccolm & The Rocketboys opened and were pretty good. A younger band with a MySpace following, their sound reminded me of The Listening. After the youngsters left, the Dogs fans brought chairs to the front and readied ourselves for their show.

Derri Daugherty was first out, sporting locks 15 inches shorter. They opened with Wild Ride, If You Want To, A Vegas Story, and A Certain Love before they delved into their new material from The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees: Devil's Elbow and Broken Like Brooklyn. The banter was witty as usual. On this tour, they are rating convenience store snacks. Tom's Coconut Strips rate as the worst so far, although Terry Taylor was confused whether the one to ten rating was higher or lower. Controversy has already raised its ugly head in the snack ratings.

After a taste of the new material, they performed Rocky Mountain Mines and If You Loved Here. Mike Roe then dedicated the next song, No Room For Us, to Gene Eugene. The song was interesting musically, especially with Steve Hindalong's percussive toys. They followed with The Lust, The Flesh, The Eyes, And The Pride Of Life and Crushing Hand. After that, it was back to the new stuff. Only One Bum In Corona Del Mar was a fun, narrative, audience-participation number. Get Me Ready was a rocker in which Roe scorched the electric guitar. That's Where Jesus Is wrapped up the new material. The final song came as a surprise to me: Eleanor, It's Raining Now, one of my favorites. For an encore, they performed Imagine That followed by Ain't Gonna Fight It.

It was great visiting briefly during autograph sessions afterwards. My pen wasn't working for Derri, so he found a red sharpie (how fitting). Steve was surprised to see Skinny. He happily signed it, and said that he really enjoyed playing with these guys when I asked him his thoughts of officially being a Lost Dog now. Mike informed my wife that she needed to monitor my internet activities and also indicated that there was a story regarding Mama Orb (on the cover of It's For You) but he wouldn't go into that right now. Uncle Terry crossed out his name on Avocado Faultline and signed underneath it. He said he did that because that's how T.S. Eliot signed his name. I told him I wasn't familiar with Eliot's music. I asked him if it was the eggnog talking when he promised a new Daniel Amos and Swirling Eddies CD this year in his Christmas letter. He said there would be a new Eddies project but was unsure as to when they would all get together.

As expected, the entire experience was exhilarating. The next stop for the Dogs is the much anticipated Cornerstone Festival in Bushnell, IL. It will be a great show. On a personal note, I can now update MyProfile on MySpace and remove Terry Scott Taylor's name as someone I would like to meet.
07-24-2006 14:39 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
patch77s
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 07-18-2006

quote:
Originally posted by davidtpark
Just thought I would post the entire setlist for all interested parties. I don't think a complete list has been posted for any show yet.

there are some over in the "Concert Reviews and Pics" forum.

steve
07-25-2006 15:55 patch77s is offline Send an Email to patch77s Search for Posts by patch77s Add patch77s to your Buddy List
Mike B. Mike B. is a male
Chihuahua

images/avatars/avatar-247.jpg

Registration Date: 08-20-2006

It was definitely "No Room For Us" that was dedicated specifically to Gene. I was at that show in Camp Hill too and it rocked. I brought a friend along who was pretty unfamiliar with their stuff, and he really dug them alot.
08-20-2006 23:11 Mike B. is offline Search for Posts by Mike B. Add Mike B. to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Tribute song to Gene Eugene

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH