Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » Richmond - 7/19/2006 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Richmond - 7/19/2006
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
patch77s
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 07-18-2006

Richmond - 7/19/2006 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i drove up to Richmond to see the guys open for Delbert McClinton last night. they were fantastic and seemed to win over a few people in the crowd. we didn't stay for Delbert because a storm was moving in - it's possible the show got rained out after we left but i haven't heard. i'll try to attach a picture from the show since i remembered my camera this time...

steve

patch77s has attached this image (reduced version):
dogs-richmond-20060719.jpg

07-20-2006 09:51 patch77s is offline Send an Email to patch77s Search for Posts by patch77s Add patch77s to your Buddy List
patch77s
Miniature Poodle

Thread Starter Thread Started by patch77s
RE: Richmond - 7/19/2006 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok - i'm going to attempt to attach a Zip file of a video clip (in iPod format) from last night. if this works then in theory you can download it, unzip it, and watch it using QuickTime or iTunes. (and maybe other ways too)

it's a 19 second clip from "If You Loved Here You'd Be Home By Now" shot with my little point and shoot digital camera. in other words it's shaky and the audio sucks. Smile

steve

Attachment:
zip dogs-richmond-20060719.zip (2 MB, 1,491 downloads)
07-20-2006 10:19 patch77s is offline Send an Email to patch77s Search for Posts by patch77s Add patch77s to your Buddy List
patch77s
Miniature Poodle

Thread Starter Thread Started by patch77s
RE: Richmond - 7/19/2006 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

btw - i just heard that they sold 2700 tickets for this show - pretty cool! hopefully most of those people were there early enough to see the Dogs play...

steve
07-20-2006 10:37 patch77s is offline Send an Email to patch77s Search for Posts by patch77s Add patch77s to your Buddy List
inconsolablelonging
Chihuahua

Registration Date: 03-26-2005

Richmond 7/19 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Dogs delivered a country fried set that seemed to vibe well with the crowd. Derri played bass and that added a fullness to their performance that sent them into the stratosphere of tightness. Although it was only a 10 song set I think it was a great introduction to those in the audience who have never heard of the Dogs. They seemed really responsive to "Bad Indigestion" and "If You Loved Here."The highlight of the show was "Eleanor It's Raining" a song I've never heard them perform live. In it Doctor Love delivered an unrelenting rock barage that knocked me off my feet! I think the guys should include that song into their live set more regularly. Below is the set list:

1. Wild Ride
2. If You Want To
3. A Certain Love
4. Broken Like Brooklyn
5. The Devil's Elbow
6. A Vegas Story
7. Bad Indigestion
8. Rocky Mountain Mines
9. Eleanor It's Raining
10. If You Loved Here, You'd Be Home By Now

07-20-2006 12:51 inconsolablelonging is offline Send an Email to inconsolablelonging Search for Posts by inconsolablelonging Add inconsolablelonging to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool they look all countryfried. Guess they didn't have to do an hour set after all? That is cool they had a nice crowd there to be exposed to.
07-20-2006 13:11
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » Richmond - 7/19/2006

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH