Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Pleading for "Skinny" » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Pleading for "Skinny"
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
inconsolablelonging
Chihuahua

Registration Date: 03-26-2005

Pleading for "Skinny" Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I posted this on the Choir message board but I thought I should share this with all you guys as well.

If you do not owe a copy of "Skinny" by Steve "the best lyricist ever" Hindalong do yourself a favor and click on the "Own Music" link now and order it. This is easily one of the 15 best albums I've ever heard. If the fact that it's a STEVE HINDALONG album isn't enough to convince, indulge me to try to do so.

First off those familiar themes of forgiveness, love between a man and a woman, God's undying grace/mercy to all us "sorry souls" that we're come to dig on these last 20 years of following the Choir show up again here. "Floating" loved ones up to heaven first mentioned on Speckled Bird is revisited on the song "Seven Colors." The dangers of judging that was explored on OHTMHF is very poetically driven home on the fuzz drenched "Hey, Killer." Not that this album is just a rehashing of what Steve has created over the years, it is rather like an artist painting a picture and then years later coming back to finish it (Steve's better at metaphors than I am).

Okay if I haven't won you over yet how about the fact that three of the finest guitarists of our time lend their talents to help out Indie. First off my personal favorite (Derri you know you're still my hero, it's just that liking the Dallas Cowgirls knocks you down a notch) Jason Martin of Starflyer 59 fame. He unleashes his trademark shoe-gazer, wall of sound guitars on some of the songs and then switches upon with a little luau guitar for a nice change up. Then there's the newest Choir member Mr. Byrd whose skillful rhythm guitars makes this album extra sexy. And finally Mr. Andy Prickett from the Prayer Chain, the Violet Burning, Lassie Foundation and every other band out of California. This guy can shred!

Let me end my petition with this I originally purchased this cd the week it was first released in '98 I believe and instantly it connected with me as a new teenage Christian this record along with Mere Christianity really made me look at the deeper and often darker side of Christianity where you can find the Radiant Lord of Light. And now as a 26 year old married Christian man (3years yea) and mature in my faith (9 years) I am still learning from these songs. This collection of 13 songs is in my opinion Steve's magnum opus and it's a #$%^ing shame (sorry about the outburst) that it didn't get the attention it deserves!!! The closing song "Love Sanctifies" is too beautiful for words....it's just Indie, a guitar and a handful of lyrics handed to him directly from the hand of God. Please check this album out.

04-25-2005 22:33 inconsolablelonging is offline Send an Email to inconsolablelonging Search for Posts by inconsolablelonging Add inconsolablelonging to your Buddy List
BigDork
Old English Sheepdog

images/avatars/avatar-314.jpg

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have "Skinny"

time to play it again, thanks Cool

04-26-2005 21:20 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
phreaq phreaq is a male
Scottish Terrier

images/avatars/avatar-15.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i own(ed) multiple copies and have given them away...

i don't think the recipients of my gift appreciated the gesture near as much as I enjoy the recording....

~f

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by phreaq: 04-27-2005 09:34.

04-27-2005 09:34 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Golden Retriever

images/avatars/avatar-230.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Maybe they just don't appreciate his voice. He is a great lyricist and a great drummer, but I can only listen to him sing for so long. We do have Skinny, and I'm glad we got it, but I'm also glad I didn't spend any more for it than we did (picked it up on the clearance rack at the Christian book store for about $3 or $4.)

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Smile
04-29-2005 22:48 bereal is offline Send an Email to bereal Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Eddie P Eddie P is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-69.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

You could've picked a few pallet's worth out of the Provident dumpster for nothing. Tongue
I have Skinny too. It's cool. Better than that Polar Boy crap.

Eddie P has attached this image (reduced version):
bastilledays003.jpg

04-30-2005 20:53 Eddie P is offline Send an Email to Eddie P Search for Posts by Eddie P Add Eddie P to your Buddy List
Vox Robotica Vox Robotica is a male
Chihuahua

I'd give Skinny a chance if I could afford it right now.

05-01-2005 01:02 Vox Robotica is offline Send an Email to Vox Robotica Homepage of Vox Robotica Search for Posts by Vox Robotica Add Vox Robotica to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Pleading for "Skinny"

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH