Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Re-release of Live in Chicago DVD???? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Re-release of Live in Chicago DVD????
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
TrippVanEasille TrippVanEasille is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 01-08-2008

Re-release of Live in Chicago DVD???? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Missed out on grabing a copy of the first LIVE in Chicago show. Any chance that it will be released again????

Tripp,
Winton, CA

01-08-2008 13:44 TrippVanEasille is offline Send an Email to TrippVanEasille Search for Posts by TrippVanEasille Add TrippVanEasille to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of TrippVanEasille: flyingcatcomics
DaLe DaLe is a male
Beagle

images/avatars/avatar-206.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2005
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! yuP Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.lo-fidelity.com/store_ld_vcdvd-2007.html

01-08-2008 16:13 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Collie

images/avatars/avatar-229.jpg

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

Question RE: yuP Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

only 50 copies and it still hasn't sold out? Confused
i got it the first time around... great show.. Cool

carman is a good artist! he's made me smile on many an ocasion with his wit and his fun songs. it horrifys me to see all you people bagging on the man. this bord is almost to much for me. i wonder if i've stumbled into a pit of despair! ~tOr
01-10-2008 14:07 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, its not a testament to the quality of the show or how enjoyable it is. When it comes to these bands the market is very fragmented. From our experience things sell pretty much in this order from highest demand to lowest;

1. Daniel Amos albums
2. 77s albums
3. Lost Dogs albums
4. Mike/Terry Solo albums
5. DA/77s live albums
6. Lost Dogs live albums

(You'd think the Dogs would unite the markets of all the affiliated bands, but they actually don't. They bring together limited divisions of each of those bands markets, because not every DA or 77s fan follows the Dogs. In fact I would say the Dogs market is smaller than the individual 77s or DA markets.)

There is a much smaller market for live albums as there is for actual studio albums, and that market is reduced from 77s/DA to Lost Dogs. When it comes to DVDs it is even a more selective crowd, but again I would say DA/77s would come before Lost Dogs, and studio type films before live ones.

Part of the reason for that I think is because the Dogs tour regularly and the 77s and DA don't. So what you end up with a is a great product (the Dogs DVD) with a very small percentage of the market. Its unfortunate. And what usually happens with a situation like this is those people that are passing the DVD up will eventually want a copy when the Dogs quit touring and since the market made it limited they will have to pay $200 on ebay later.

All of this is to say that has been our experience, under the circumstances we have seen concerning the three websites and the Dogs under contract with BEC. It might be entirely different with a different label promoting them.
01-10-2008 15:14
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Re-release of Live in Chicago DVD????

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH