Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » Portland Show » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Portland Show
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lam77s

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

Portland Show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was lame and didn't take any photos or record any of the show. My mind was on too many other details.

Anyway, here's what happened:

How was the show??? Stinking amazing.

The venue was perfect--an old historic ballroom--with a great stage, hardwood floors, and a cafe in the basement. Mike said it had the most beautiful bathroom he had ever seen in his entire life. He made me go in and take a look!

There was a full bar with seating in the balcony and there were a number of people camped up there the entire evening.

The Blackstones, the opening band, was great and were warmed by the audience's cheers and applause. They seemed genuinely surprised to have such positive feedback. These guys are in their 20's and long-time Lost Dogs fans. They told me they were excited to open for a band they really liked, that it rarely happens. They were star struck, to be sure, which warmed Mike, Terry, Derri, and Steve's hearts. When we first got there I was walking Mike downstairs to show him where things were and one of the young members of the Blackstones said in awe, "Are you Michael Roe???" I'm sure that made Mike's day.

The Dogs played to an enthusiastic crowd, lots of whooping and hollering, foot stomping and hand clapping. Roe was hot, hot, hot! They played some rousing numbers, though I must confess I did not write down the set list. DRAT!

Highlights:

1. They tried out a song in Roseburg that they had never played before in honor of Gene Eugene, "No Room for Us," and played it again in Portland. What can I say...they had it down...full of emotion.....full of Gene....

2. "Get Me Ready" rocked the house down.

3. "Eleanor, It's Raining Now" - Beautiful. Roe's guitar solos, incredible.

I thought the Lost Dogs played superbly at Cornerstone, but I think they transcended themselves at this show. I personally was captivated, could not wipe that smile off my face. It was over way too soon.

They sold tons of stuff, and it was a pleasure handing them a huge wad of cash and checks afterward.

Passed Terry after the show in the hall downstairs. All I could say was, "Come and Gone." He nodded and smiled.

Linda
10-02-2006 14:26 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Homepage of lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow, sounds lke a really nice place. The Roxanna, IL shows are in an old theater which works really well. But this place sounds like its along those lines only with luxuries. Smile )

Glad to hear stuff is selling we may end up with a call and have to ship them more stuff. Big Grin

I really wish I had the extra income and time to travel out to some shows, I would never tire of it. Frown
10-02-2006 14:37
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2005

RE: Portland Show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the review - sounds like a great show!

Big Grin

10-02-2006 20:35 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
deanthefoolish
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 09-29-2006

RE: Portland Show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sounds like the Roseville show! Thanks for sharing the evening with us.

dean
10-02-2006 22:14 deanthefoolish is offline Send an Email to deanthefoolish Search for Posts by deanthefoolish Add deanthefoolish to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » Portland Show

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH