Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » What's your favorite new song? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What's your favorite new song?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My point basically is a ot of Christians mask their politics, living in the flesh type spirit under the guise of it being the spiritual warfare or doing unto the least of these or being a good steward.

Matthew 12:30
He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

This is an either/or situation. The sheep from the goats. The measure by which we know if we are for him, or if he knows us is clear; The fruits of the spirit, faith, temperance, doing unto the least of these, spreadng the Gospel of who He is. We give up fighting those earthly battles, we serve a King whos Kingdom is not of this world.

The point is God sets the standard, not man. He says when we stand before him the measure by which we know if we knew him is not by who we voted for, if we drove an suv or an electrocar, killed trees or saved them, protested a war or supported it, had a degree or not, was rich or not, was good looking or not.... the measure is if we lowered ourselves to serve the less fortunate. And that doesn't mean vote for a politican who claims he will help some poor people get better benefits or create more jobs. We are responsabile for what we do ourselves. If we are willing to leave that comfort zone and be His hands.

If God is ultimately in control, and authorities represent him. If we stand up to them or protest them, or speak back, its God we are ultimately standing up to. It doesn't matter if they represent him well, the point is our spirit is one of pride and rebellion. A protest is technically an objection or a display of unwillingness usually to an idea or a course of action. We make ourselves like Jonah. Instead we should pay close attention to Christ's answers to the sanhedrin and pilate. He knew no man takes his life from him, he lays it down by submitting to God.
08-18-2006 11:28
Mike B. Mike B. is a male
Chihuahua

images/avatars/avatar-247.jpg

Registration Date: 08-20-2006

Wink Favorite new song. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow! It took me several sittings to read this entire thread. Interesting stuff. Wink

As for my favorite new song--> Confused ? Confused ? Confused ? Confused ? Confused

I guess at this point I would say "The Lost Cabin and the Mystery Trees"
It's a great driving tune. Actually, the whole album is great road trip material. (I've tried this out-I'm not BSing). When I hear "Whispering Memories" I want to be cruising out through some lonesome stretch of desert highway beneath skies scattered with stars and UFO's. Pleased Pleased
08-25-2006 16:33 Mike B. is offline Search for Posts by Mike B. Add Mike B. to your Buddy List
mo_jojo mo_jojo is a male
Greyhound

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 06-29-2005

Thread Starter Thread Started by mo_jojo
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool, Mike! You got through all that and still answered the original question! Big Grin

I REALLY have to listen to this CD again. I keep buying more and more old CD's (new and sealed) from the respective bands that the Dogs are a part of on the side ( Big Grin ) and I've been so busy trying to cram decades of music into my walnut-sized brain, that I forget to catch up with the current stuff I already own.

08-26-2006 22:06 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
Alex Alex is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-147.jpg

Registration Date: 07-18-2005

Still the same two:

- Devil's Elbow
- One more Song

But I sometimes find myself singing "Plug in, turn on, burn it up" without a special reason.

Alex

Bis die Hölle gefriert: www.freak-alex-band.com

08-27-2006 15:26 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
epistrophy epistrophy is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 05-22-2006

Faves Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Devil's Elbow" is the one that latches onto my frontal lobe and won't let go for hours. "That's Where Jesus Is" is mahvelous, too.

On a tangent: Our pastor actually talked the worship leaders into teaching the team "Beautiful Scandalous Night" for communion this weekend. One of the singers kept quibbling all during the rehearsal about applying the word "scandalous" to anything involving Jesus. I tried to explain the scandalous aspects of the crucifixion, but he's one of these guys who thinks that scandals only happen to Democrats...

09-08-2006 23:32 epistrophy is offline Send an Email to epistrophy Search for Posts by epistrophy Add epistrophy to your Buddy List
BigFiber BigFiber is a male
Chihuahua

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 03-25-2005

RE: Faves Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by epistrophy
"Devil's Elbow" is the one that latches onto my frontal lobe and won't let go for hours. "That's Where Jesus Is" is mahvelous, too.

On a tangent: Our pastor actually talked the worship leaders into teaching the team "Beautiful Scandalous Night" for communion this weekend. One of the singers kept quibbling all during the rehearsal about applying the word "scandalous" to anything involving Jesus. I tried to explain the scandalous aspects of the crucifixion, but he's one of these guys who thinks that scandals only happen to Democrats...

They don't?

Roll Eyes

09-09-2006 13:53 BigFiber is offline Send an Email to BigFiber Search for Posts by BigFiber Add BigFiber to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » What's your favorite new song?

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH